Chapter 16

————-
I wish I knew
————-
I can't count all the times I've tried to be like you. I emptied myself, carving my stomach inward to be some sort of copy. Sewed my lips shut with threads of shame for years. Because all you did was sit there and be perfect. How can someone be so perfect? I did all that and look where it got me. I'm staving all the time and for what? To be compared to you again? Yes I know you're you and I'm me. But I don't wanna be this anymore, I wanna be better for once. I feel trapped, my arms and legs are bound but the only person tightening them is me. I'm the problem. I want people the recognize that I'm here too, not just some backup.

I do all that, for someone's approval, so people would wrap me up in the word beautiful

Just like they did with you
————-
(Y/N) P.O.V
"The first one through the first barrier is (Y/N) (L/N) from Class 1A! As expected from the sister of pro hero Lorelei!!" The corners of my lips slowly pointed downwards. The human body has 7 trillion nerves yet this guy still managed to get on every single one of them. "And right behind her is Shoto Todoroki trying to take the lead,"the commentary is rather irritating, the only reason they acknowledged my existence is because of Hikari. I attempt to push it at the back of my head, I have to focus. At least I know Todoroki won't be that easy to shake off.

"Hey hey the first barriers a piece of cake right? Then how about the second, if you fall you're out!" I hover before a massive ravine with pillars of rocks, having ropes connecting them together. "If you don't wanna fall, then crawl! It's 'The Fall'," Present Mic's voice is getting louder and louder by the second and it's not a good thing. Even his rhymes are terrible.

This barrier doesn't affect me at all. However... taunting somebody wouldn't be so bad. I lay back and soar above as I hover over a certain someone.

"Hey Todoroki hows it going? Seems like you're catching up quite fast huh?" His eyes lock onto mine while he glides across the rope, passing the stage with ease. But not a single word came out of his mouth. I let out a fake dramatic sigh just to grab his attention again.

"You said you wouldn't hold back so I'm not going to either but...," an irked smile decided to creep up on my features. "It seems as if you have been holding back, you could beat me anytime if you wanted to if that power of yours was truly used," I swish back facing ahead of me. Let's hope I got the point across, I might've added gas to the flame. He certainly was provoked but it didn't show. It seems as if Bakagou was also trailing behind us, using his explosions to propel him through the air. Once I reach what seems to be the last part of the race, commentary started up again.

"And now, we've arrived at our final barrier! The reality here is..." Present Mic's takes a pause for 'anticipation' purposes. "That it's a minefield," well no shit Sherlock there literally signs with letters spelling 'danger mines'. I know they're just doing it for the effect but we're not dumb.

"It's set up so that you can tell where the mines are if you look carefully! So you have to exploit your eyes and your legs!" He continues to add a side note to his narrations. "By the way these mines are for games so they're not that powerful, but they're loud and flashy enough to make you wet your pants!"As I make my way through the obstacle I hear blasts from behind me along with incoherent yelling.

"Bastard, don't declare war on the wrong people!" Out of curiosity I take a glance seeing Bakagou overtaking Todoroki for a split second. They continue on with some hand on hand combat.

"Reequip," they're forgetting that I'm here too. A bow and arrow form in my hands, I pull back it's string aiming for the right spot as I focused my vision. It went dead in the centre of a mine and it combusts in an instant. Without another thought I rapid fire downward. A huge wall of explosions formed in front of the two.