Chapter 16- Escape

Start from the beginning

"Hey honey, are you still there?"

Why are they calling me names every single time they get a chance?

"I can hear you perfectly fine, I'm not a deaf and will you please stop calling me names."

"What names?" He replied so fast and for sure he has a frowning face right now.

"Honey, sweetie, dear, whatsoever, stop calling me that, I don't need that shit right now."

I heard him chuckled on the other line and I'm sure he's having his morning amusement with me as the subject. "Honey, that's not names, that's what you called endearment."

And so I'm told.

"And besides, I'm your lover number one, so expect me to call you that name, as you put it, from now on."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"If we rank the pictures they flashed on everyone's TV screens, I can safely say that I rank first, Mon second, and Lyle third." He paused for a while without mentioning Leandro and then started again with his foolishness. "We should give the credit to the editor. We really looked perfect on the picture, having a blissful affair." And then he laughed with his playful laugh of his giving emphasis to the last words. In any other occasions, probably I would join him and even laugh louder but no, not right now. I'm feeling grumpy about everything going on.

He's having too much amusement so early in the morning. Frankly, he's being too playful now that I have this gut feeling there's something going on in his life – probably he's eyeing someone interesting, really interesting to make his mood so lively despite the recent loss in a car racing event and this mess we're facing.

But I have no time to be nosy now, so the anticipation could wait until we settle things and put it in their proper places, just like what he said.

"Just cut the crap Chevrolet Chan and let's start with the business." I said sternly this time releasing my irritation by silently counting and taking deep breaths.

"As you wish honey." He said between his laughter. He's really into it today and I just ignored him.

"So what's the plan?"

"I thought you're not deaf and you heard me perfectly fine?"

I sighed again, a very long one for that matter. He will never stop I can feel it and I have to be patient...very very patient before I turn to be a patient literally in the emergency room having a high blood pressure.

"My mind is occupied with so many things going on, so have a heart and repeat it again, will you?"

"Say the magic word first." I can feel him holding back his laughter.

"Please..." I uttered feigning my sincerity with my soft voice but my face is nothing but scowling.

He chuckled a little. "Plus the name."

"Please...honey."

"That's my girl."

And then he started his blabbering about the escape plan but just after he finished his whole round of laughter.

The crazy Chev is really into it today.

@@@@@@@@@@@@

Minutes later, I'm comfortably sitting on a leather chair not in one of high-ticket race cars of Chev but one of the choppers owned by Demon. Yes, that's right, Dominique...the great is escaping the press with a freaking helicopter. That's what you called a great escape with style.