Chapter 12-Jealousy

"Jealousy is all the fun you think they had." – Erica Jong

Dominique's POV

Of all the sports in the world why golf?

Why not basketball?

Maybe not possible because as I looked at some of his business colleagues, their either came right from the hospital with pale complexion or going straight to the hospital after this meeting because they just looked so frail with brittle bones except maybe three of them and that includes my Master Lean and my ex Raymond. If we take basketball now, chances are their going straight to heaven from heart attack, or luckily to the emergency room if it's a mild one.

So why not polo?

Maybe that one is a bad idea as the first for they can't probably ride a horse more so run fast riding on it. Possibilities are heart attack, shock, falling off, dislocating shoulders or even arms being detached from their body. What a morbid thought?

No chance of other sports, so golf is it.

May the lord of golf (I hope there is) lend me his strength today and may Tiger Woods spirit possess me. Amen!

I'm not here to impress but I'm not here to make a fool of myself also. But the way I see it now, it's undeniably possible that the latter will happen.

I'm definitely sure I'll make a fool of myself today. Why? It's because I sucked in golf.

Worse of all worse things is that Tara Wilson is here waiting for me to screw up. She's wearing a white short as in literally short and a white tank top. She's hot no doubt about that. Her curly hair is tied neatly up her head and she's wearing a white visor. She's the center of attention among the elderly males and even the young ones, except Lean, which I'm very thankful for. His focus is only to me and to his business colleagues from time to time. I'm really flattered.

Raymond on the other hand is acting as if I'm invincible as the air he breaths. He never once looked in my direction and he never let go of Tara's hand. That made me really jealous. He's a total snub. It's irritating and hurting me at the same time. It is as if I'm nothing to him. I feel so worthless.

Good thing Lean is here giving me support. His playfulness and teasing make me feel at ease a little bit.

Good thing also is that he's not wearing white, so I'm not the only one out of place, we both are. We're like devils in the center of divine angels. They're all wearing white bottoms and tops with white visors.

"Why didn't you tell me there's a uniform?" I tiptoed to whisper near his ear with my lips slightly brushing his earlobe. I felt his breath caught up briefly and he gazed down at me questioningly with the tip of his nose almost touching mine. We stayed like that for seconds and I can smell his minty breath winnowing my face. I suppressed the urge to close my eyes and just breathe in. It's disorienting, heavenly disorienting!

"They look like they're going for their first communion, so white." I said as I looked away from him focusing my gaze to one of the elderly men who was showing off his skills at that time.

He chuckled with that as he put his arm around my shoulder pressing me slightly beside him.

"Don't worry genie we're in our uniforms too." He leaned down as he whispered to me with his voice cracked a little suppressing his chuckle.

A playful smile formed in my lips. Very true.

With him wearing his black sleeveless tee with hood, gray cargo pants, sneakers plus gray Adidas cap and me wearing my black sleeveless tee with hood, gray cargo pants, red sneakers plus gray cap, we look like a people version of B1 and B2.