Chapter 14- Set up

"One must never set up a murder. They must happen unexpectedly, as in life." – Alfred Hitchcock

Dominique's POV

"Dom?"

"Nique?"

"Nik-nik?"

I heard the voices that I least expected to hear now and when I looked up I saw the faces whom I'd rather not see right now no matter how sinfully gorgeous they are on their Armani suits.

Great, really great Dominique, you screw up big time!

I'm perfectly aware that sooner or later they will know but I'd rather want that sooner or later to be tomorrow or the next day, not exactly now. Why now?

The way they're looking at me, I felt like I three-timed them, okay not three-timed but four-timed including the dashing man beside me who, by tomorrow, will be officially my fiancé in front of everyone especially Raymond.

God, I feel my hair is too long that even Highway 54 can't compete!

With four dashing, sinfully gorgeous looking men paying me their undivided attention, I'm way luckier than any lotto winner.

If I'm not in my situation right now, I probably would laugh so loud thinking of that hilarious thought.

But sadly, I'm in this mess, really big mess that even the most intelligent lawyer in the country can't defend me with a great alibi. The stares their giving me right now puts me on an electric chair on the spot, so no alibi would work.

But some distraction will do.

And that distraction came winking at me in the form of Elle. Yes, that's right, the secretly crazy Danielle de Silva is here together with her secret husband, who by the way is half human, half machine. He is a perfect hunk on the outside but acts like a robot and he's cold as a metal. He's other version of Demon, but a worse one. He doesn't know how to smile and I guess the word smile is an alien word for him. He has the same expression on his face – blank. Elle said you just have to guess when he's angry or happy and fill that blank just like on test papers when you forgot to review or decided to forget to review and watch TV instead before taking a test.

"Dan?" That's Chev.

"Danny?" That's Demon.

"Elle?" That's me trying to look too surprise.

"Honey?" That's Carl. I mean that's Dr. Carlisle Rodriguez calling Elle honey! What the hell is happening here? Did I hear that correct? Now I'm truly surprise and I'm not the only one because Chev and Demon are as surprised as I am.

As for her husband, it's blank, so I just filled it with the word angry, which is definitely appropriate because for a normal husband he should be especially when a superb gorgeous man called your wife honey in front of your face.

Certainly, there are time bombs ticking and will going to explode any moment now and those time bombs are in the form of men, super gorgeous for their own good who are gazing the both of us dangerously.

Good thing though is that the host served as temporary detonator who announced for everyone to be settled as the program will commence.

But us we settled down, I realized the bad thing that goes with the good one – we are occupying the same table. When I say we, I mean me, Leandro, the three musketeers, Elle and her robot of a husband.