Chapter 10- Car

“The best car safety device is a rear-view mirror with a cop in it. “-Dudley Moore

Leandro’s POV

“Can you remind me again why I’m here beside you running like a criminal?”

I looked at her for a second and focused on the road. We’re on the flyover not really running but literally flying with my car. I’m sure I’m almost over speeding but that’s the least of concern right now. Our main concern is to lose the press tailing us and prevent our faces from appearing in different tabloids the next day with a story with only one percent truth in it or worse none at all.

“Address”

“What do you mean?” I heard irritation in her voice instead of panic. This woman is really something. If she’s any other woman, surely she will panic and grab the sturdiest fortress in the car and blow my ear off with her scream. But she’s calm – freaking calm for her own good actually with her arms across her chest.

“Your address.” I replied with amusement. We’re like in a movie shoot running like criminals just like what she said earlier.

She entered her address in the GPS without saying a word.

Silence reigned over afterwards and the only sounds were the soft roaring of engines and horns outside.

She then took her headset out of her bag and started listening to music humming at the same time. She’s really calm and its freaking unbelievable!

“I think you’re driving too slow. It’s impossible to lose them if you’re driving like that.”

I gave her an incredulous look not really believing what I heard with my mouth open in shock. As far as I’m concerned, this is the fastest I ever drive in my entire life and it’s too slow for her? Then what’s the fastest for her?

“You think you can do better?” I asked her with a tint of sarcasm.

“Try me.” She looked at me with confidence glittering in her eyes.

I focused on the road again shaking my head slightly hiding the playful smirk in my lips. Okay, let see what she can do. She’s so full of herself. She better learn her lesson and I’ll have the last laugh in the end.

“Fasten your seatbelt, we’re going to fly.” She announced almost enthusiastically after she took over the driver seat.

“Ready?” She asked with a wink and before I could reply we started flying. Yeah, off we go like a flying saucer.

Soon enough, we lost the press tailing us probably just five minutes after she filled the driver seat. She drives like a freak and she’s freaking good at it. She looks very cool as a matter of fact and I can’t help myself not to gawk at her. Really, I should be irritated or something but it’s not the case now because she really is amazing.