Chapter 5- Curiosity

"Millions saw the apple fall, but Newton asked why." – Bernard Baruch

Dominique's POV

Present

I don't know if I should be thankful that he tries to annoy me right now, probably I should because that keeps me from thinking how uncomfortable I am at this moment wearing this revealing dress and sitting beside this sinfully gorgeous looking man. When I looked at him again, I can't help but wonder why he agreed to my ridiculous proposal.

He's checking his phone right now and I have the chance to examine him – not that I want to, it's just that he's like a magnet and I can't shift my gaze to anything or anyone except him. Actually, there's no anyone because there are only the two of us sitting on the backseat. He's wearing a gray tux with red striped tie, which gives the appearance that it was made only for him and him alone. It fits him perfectly. His black hair is neatly comb so neat that I want to brush it with my own hands to make it a little bit all over the place. I preferred it that way. He'll look probably much hotter with that, the fresh-from-bed look. He has chocolate brown eyes, which change into dark ones when he's having an argument with me. He has a feature of Filipino-Spanish combination. His nose is prominent and his lips have a permanent smirk in them making him look naughty sometimes when they twitch forming a boyish smile. He looks like a model of a magazine with his exceeding devilish appearance.

If Satan looks exactly like this, I'll be more than willing to go to hell. That's stupid Nique, my brain lectured me and I averted my gaze. My logic told me that it's okay to feel a little lost when looking at him. He's like a mouth-watery dish on the table, you have your plate, fork and spoon and inches away from it but still you can't just taste because it has poison in it and you'll probably die, yeah die with pleasure. I can't suppress my naughty smile thinking of that stupid thought. He's a good distraction that diverts my attention out from Raymond Lee, which I guess is not bad as my heart can have a little bit of rest.

Based on his looks and status in society, I can easily say, without question, that he can have anything or anyone he wanted without some ludicrous payment in return. He can have them readily like instant noodles, as easy as that. I mean, he's hot, that alone can do the trick for him. Even without the overflowing money under his feet, he can go as he pleases just by his looks. It's a wonder really that he agreed to my stupid bargain. So, what the hell is wrong with him? And what the hell is wrong with me thinking all these stupid thoughts? Maybe he just needs to kill his boredom and I'm just like a walking amusement park for him. Maybe he thought toying with me would be so much fun than spending his time with those socialites and models who almost beg for his attention. Maybe this is just a game for him and I'm his toy just for now. With that thinking, I can't help myself but sigh deeply. Somehow, I'm a little bit disappointed and I hate myself for feeling that way. I must focus and stick to my goal, which has clearly nothing to do with him except I need his help to carry that out, which I will be paying him for with any service that he wanted me to be done except of course sexual favors.

"So brief me what's my role this time?" I asked looking outside the window. I'm thankful that there is a divider between the front seat and the backseat and we have some sort of privacy. We can talk about our little secret without his driver hearing us.

"Let see, maybe a fake girlfriend will do for now." He paused for a while and then continued. "We will be attending a 'couple's party', so expect all kinds of couples, sweet, passionate, and fake. Expect to hear sweet nothings, stupid endearments, and expect to see a lot of kissing and making out so keep your eyes in place and don't make it bulge in shock. One more thing, keep your nasty comments behind your tongue that will get you into trouble." He explained as if I'm a teenager in a values education class.