Hogwarts Express

Harry's POV

-----------------

As I made my way through the crowd on the oh so familiar platform at Kings Cross, I was scanning the group of people, trying to find Hermione and Ron. I soon spotted a group of people consisting of six redheads and a brunette. I made my way over as I was embraced by the curly haired brunette.

"Harry! We missed you so much!" Hermione exclaimed.

As she released me from her soft embrace, I looked over to Ron as he gave me a hug with one arm to pat my back.

"Harry dear! Come here" a familiar motherly voice kindly ordered.

I was so happy to be back with the Weasley's and Hermione. Although we aren't blood related, they were always my family since I met my two best friends in the first year. If I could I would spend the whole day there with my family but the train was going to be leaving soon and so Hermione, Ron, Fred, George, Ginny, and myself decided to board the Hogwarts express.

Ginny was the first to split from the group, joining a compartment with people from her own year. Then Fred and George, but unlike Ginny, they found a compartment with a group of unsuspecting second years. I couldn't help but laugh at the fact that I knew they only went in there to try and sell out some exploding snap cards or another one of their genius inventions.

"Hermione and I are going to go to the prefect's compartments if that's alright." Ron said.

"Oh yeah that's fine have fun there!" I reply.

Even though we are only in our fourth year, they decided to give a chance to some fourth years to become prefects this year. It's something about getting the younger students insight in decisions. It was almost a given that 'Mione was going to be picked but I was very surprised when I found out that Ron was picked. I didn't mind that I wasn't picked since I already have a lot on my plate.

I found an empty compartment as I quite frankly just wanted some quiet time after being stuck with the Dursley's all summer. The compartment was at the back of the train and the whole carriage was quiet as everyone else was sitting with their friends waiting for the train to depart from the platform and start its journey to my true home, Hogwarts.

Draco's POV

-----------------

I had just appeared in the floo at platform nine and three quarters with Mother linked to my left arm. Father had decided he didn't care about saying goodbye to me so he left for the ministry early this morning. I didn't mind that too much as I know if he came, the fearful scared and disapproving looks would be double what mother and I are receiving now.

Even though Father didn't come with Mother to say goodbye, he didn't miss the opportunity to give me the annual lecture before I left his supervision for a few months.

"Draco, the train is going to leave soon, better head off now" Mother spoke softly to me.

Mother was alway kind to me when we weren't in the presence of Father. She really tried her best to give me a real childhood but like me she would often get consequences from Father when he thought she was being 'too soft' with me.

"Of course mother, see you in the summer." I said with a quiet low voice.

I wasn't going to be going home this winter, Father wanted me to stay at school as he had some big plans and he didn't want any distractions. Although Mother and I didn't show much affection to each other, we still loved each other as we only really had each other.

As I released my arm from the link it was in with Mothers, I walked onto the hogwarts express. I walked through each carriage looking for my friends. When I find them they give me apologetic looks as I notice the whole carriage is full. I really didn't have the energy to scare anyone away at the moment after what had happened last night. Instead I just carried on walking down the train through each carriage. I am heading for the last carriage as no one ever sits there.