Chapter 18

- A new beginning.

I stare into his eyes, unable to speak or move. Did he  actually just say that? Is he messing with me right now? Is this a dare or something? There's no way. This can't be. I don't know what to say or what do, I can't even reply to him. I'm trying, but nothings coming out. I can see he's panicking, he's running his fingers through his hair. Is he worried I'm not going to say it back? Or does he feel guilty about this being a lie?

"Amber?" He questions, with a scared look in his eyes.
"I" Is all that manages to come out.

He's still staring. Why is he staring? Cmon Amber get it together.

"Are you being serious? Like you're not playing with me right are you?" I whisper on the verge of tears.

"I'm serious Amber. I love you. Like I'm so in love with you it hurts. I've tried so hard to fight it, I'm literally an ass to you. I try to ignore you every day but even just thinking about you in the next room makes my heart go a thousand miles per minute let alone actually seeing you. The way you bite your lip when you're nervous. The way you tuck your hair behind your ear when I make you laugh, ugh just your laugh in general. The way you're the most thoughtful and caring person I've ever met. You literally didn't know me and there you were coming to save me in a police station. The way you stop playing guitar when you hear the floorboards creek because you're scared someone's listening. The way you wear stupid joggers every single day and don't care what people think about you. The way you stand your ground with me, giving me the silent treatment back. The way-"

I cut him off by pulling him close and kissing him through the tears. All I've wanted, is for Jax to like me back but here we are him confessing his LOVE. Am I dreaming? It wasn't just him saying I love you it was him telling me every reason why, I've actually gotta be in a movie right now.

I'm kissing with every ounce of passion I have. Our kiss has never been this passionate before. I crave him all the time and I'm finally getting him, getting him more than ever. He pulls away and I beg for more, he allows me a few more kisses before he rests his forehead against mine with the biggest grin.

"I love you too, you dummie"
"You do? I couldn't tell by that kiss." He teases.
"Ugh you're pissing me off already." I giggle.
"Seriously though like I can't explain how much."
"Jax I've wanted to hear this for so long. Ive known I love you for ages, I've just been trying to get over you."
"You haven't done a very good job." He laughs with his forehead still against mine.

We stand this way for a couple of minutes, just processing everything that's happened. Prom was definitely a success.

"When I saw you at prom today, I knew my feelings would never go away. The jealously I felt over Lucas being the one you were laughing and dancing with was just beyond any feeling I've ever felt. Then us being prom king and queen was kinda like fate was telling me I had to just tell you and risk it to see if you felt the same."

"You're Jax Roberts. Who doesn't love you?"

"You're the only person I want to love me though."

"Well I do." I smile while stroking his thumb as our fingers intertwine.

"So?"

"So what?"

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Ugh I thought you'd never ask. Of course." I scream while jumping into his arms.

He secures my legs around his waist before kissing me. He walks us over to the wall and he pushes me against it. He starts to kiss around my neck and back to my lips. Teasing me for more. I ruffle through his hair breaking the gel as he bites on my lip.