forty eight

"i promise i won't tell the world
if you say you want to be my girl
in your own words."

Purple

Purple.

Shades of violets and mauves invaded her vision, unable to make out any shapes or figures. It was like remaining ten feet in the water, not sinking nor floating. The drowning wasn't suffocating, nor pleasant.

Like a mystical potion, the liquids swirled around her mesmerizingly. It was sparkling with a chromatic hue behind the berry tones. She questioned to herself more than once, am I dying?

No, it wasn't painful. It seemed like no oxygen was getting through to her lungs, yet it also seemed like she didn't even need to breathe. She felt out of control of her body, floating in the nothingness of the purple pool.

Through fogginess, she caught sight of the sun being the only source of light in the bizarre setting, shining through the liquid with radiance. Warmth encased her like a fleece blanket in the cold. The sphere was ablaze with tangerine flames, illuminating it's surroundings with pride.

Yet another shape entered her vision, one much like it.

The moon, standing alongside the mother of day.

Harmony had been interrupted, like a sudden dissonance in the chord. In the purple setting, the peaceful atmosphere had been cut through as if the string of a violin snapped in the middle of a piece. The satellite and the star had began to fight for dominance, almost crashing into one another.

Her breaths hitched as they began getting closer, as if they were about to fall out of the sky and land straight onto her limbs. The thistle hues began altering between blues and reds, flickering like a bulb about to go out.

All of a sudden, she felt the urge to scream, to make the two masses stop battling. Her lips wouldn't open with any amount of force she used, out of touch with her nervous system. Every muscle in her body was paralyzed, chained down by an invisible force as cerulean and crimson took turns flashing through her eyes.

Help, they won't stop fighting, she pleaded mentally, wishing she could cry it out. It felt like the zipper to her pressed lips was jammed, suffocating the whimpers that were attempting to pry out.

The circles were inching closer and closer, about to splash into the liquids where she laid. Panic coursed through her blood that grew cold, praying for a solution. Inches, they were only inches away from impact.

Suddenly a voltage of energy surged through her, like lightning striking her body.

"Minseo?"

A groggy voice greeted her as she jolted up abruptly in the queen sized bed, cold sweat formed all throughout her figure. Her breaths were uneven, frantically looking at her surroundings. Thankfully, it was just a room built of dark oak wood.