six

"Raining again?" Donghyuck muttered to himself, looking out the window where the rain gently hit

A worried fit of whimpers was heard outside his door, making him exhale deeply to get up.

"Hey, Neji. Scared again?" he cooed to the golden retriever, inviting him inside of his room. He jumped onto the dog bed beside his desk, joining him as he gamed.

"I know, it's been raining a lot the past two weeks. Kinda weird, it's like it's only gloomy on our street." Donghyuck mumbled to the furry friend, the clicking of his mouse and the gentle thunder filling the room.

"Donghyuck!"

Right before he joined the call between his friends, a voice snapped him out of his mind, making an annoyed groan escape his lips.

"What?" he hollered back, taking the headset off one of his ears.

Angry footsteps approached his room, already knowing what this would be about.

"Lee Donghyuck, explain this." Dahye, his mother, held her phone out with an email from the infamous Mrs. Im.

He pursed his lips together, spinning in her direction on his swivel chair.

"Great to see you and Mrs. Im are friends." he mumbled.

Dahye crossed her arms in infuriation, looking down at her son with disappointment. "Donghyuck, didn't I tell you to attend tutoring after school? You nearly failed biology last semester, I don't want you slacking off before graduation." she pleaded.

"Mrs. Im doesn't have anymore tutors, clearly most students aren't geniuses." he grumbled, spinning back towards his two monitors.

"I will be contacting her and letting her know. If I find out you're not attending, I'm taking away your PC." she threatened, making an exasperated look plaster on his face.

"Mommy!" he whined, seeing her eyes roll in response.

"Don't mommy me. I'll check in with Chenle's mother too just to make sure you aren't hanging out after school." she raised an eyebrow, closing the door shut behind her.

Neji rested his head onto his knee, looking up at him with sparkling eyes. Hyuck brought his hand up to his head, petting his fur lovingly.

"If only you could help me with biology, this shit is so stupid." he threw his head back in frustration. He clicked into the call with the rest of his friends, hoping to get his mind off of the responsibility.

"Yeah, she accepted my request and followed me back." Renjun's voice was heard, making him quirk up an eyebrow.

"What?! She left me on requested." Chenle's complaints rang through the call.

"Oh hey, Hyuck." Jeno's husky voice cut through.

"Hi." was all he muttered out, launching the game's software.