sixty four

"She's a prodigy

"She's a prodigy." the man exhaled at the ground, distraught with their conclusion.

"There's no other way." Jin replied, shifting his knees on the cushion they were on top of. "It adds another variable into this mix, though. I thought we finally came to a conclusion, Kyubok." his forehead formed wrinkles as stress pent up in his chest. Han Kyubok matched his expression, raising the teacup to his lips.

"At the same time, it makes perfect sense. Her and Jisung are twins after all." he shrugged. Though, something still wasn't right. In the mix of different hypotheses and dead ends, the two men sat in the lounge room of the pharmacy wrapped warmly in their layers left clueless.

"You're sure you felt it, Han?" Jin raised an unsure eyebrow at the man who was around his age. The gray above his eyes moved as he lowered them at the long time friend. "I'm sure of it. I could never mistake the contact for anything else." he grew tired of Jin's pestering. Kyubok knew what he felt and it was one he hadn't felt in ages, sending him into shock.

"They're rare here. You know it's only-"

"Inflicted through natural causes or genetic mutations. I know, you walking encyclopedia." Kyubok rolled his eyes at the same knowledge he repeated over and over. Jin chuckled, scratching his balding scalp as he caught himself spewing out knowledge again. "If she was though, it shouldn't have been activated yet. You don't get your abilities until you're well into your twenties, your spirituality isn't fully developed till then." Kyubok pondered. Jin did the same, leaning his elbow onto the wooden table.

"Maybe it's because she's a prodigy. Now if my nephew isn't just seeing things, that could be the most probable answer." he shrugged, reading the faded letters of the book in front of him. There were books everywhere— on his lap, the floor beside him, the room almost looked like it was turned upside down after the past two months. Choi Minseo, what are you? He wondered silently.

"Or maybe because she's in danger."

"Don't wish that upon her, Han." Jin complained as he swatted away the thought quickly. "Quit the superstition, Jin, I'm not manifesting it. That's the only other way she'd be able to create that much energy. It could be off of instinct." Han explained. As much as he didn't want to dwell on it, Jin looked up from the yellowed pages, pulling another book beside his foot to the table.

"If that was the case, there shouldn't be any potential threats in the Republic. There hasn't been spiritual plagues, wars— nothing since the Neo Elemental was formed." Jin shook his head before flipping to the next chapters. He skimmed the titles, flickering eyes at each one he read. "Mythical creatures, quite outdated. Spiritual witchcraft- oh gosh, I hope she doesn't engage with that. My oh my, this book even talks about the invasion of the Sujo Clan." Jin furrowed his eyebrows together at the words and the old book smell. "Now that'd be absurd." Kyubok commented. Jin lowered his eyes humored. "Like they'd come back from the dead. Those manipulators got washed out decades ago." he joked, shutting the book entirely.