seventy six

"i care for you still and i will forever
that was my part of the deal, honest
we got so familiar
spending each day of the year."

Minseo froze in place despite the silver haired boy that who's chest was in front of her face now

Minseo froze in place despite the silver haired boy that who's chest was in front of her face now. The same scent of his detergent that was in the hoodies she used to wear filled her system with nostalgia, greeting like a warm blanket. Fearfully, she gulped the salvia that formed in her throat, clearing it before looking up.

But Donghyuck was staring down at her already. Once her amethyst orbs locked with his foxy marmalade ones, she tore them away immediately, almost tripping on the ends of her childish fuzzy pajama pants as she stepped backwards. She pushed back the strands of her washed hair behind her ear, almost shivering at the air conditioning hitting the dampness.

"Sorry about that. I was just gonna grab a face mask." her words were nearly incoherent, making his head tilt to the side. Almost amused, Donghyuck chuckled. "Not even a welcome back?" he raised his eyebrow. Minseo could see it in her peripheral and she gained the courage to finally look up at him, completely this time.

He was there in full flesh and blood alright. Sure, she saw him through television screens and YouTube videos, but the realness of his figure before her was breathtaking. His physique grew broader and she could tell just how much muscle his back built up as she harshly bumped into it earlier. The deep tan in his skin had only became more radiant thanks to the Australian sun. His bleached silver hair only accentuated it. Donghyuck definitely embodied the image of an idol.

"Oh, sorry. Welcome back?" it came out as almost a question. She didn't know why she was saying it if it were obviously just one of his witty jokes that he would always make. Another thing that didn't change. Despite the nerves itching in her stomach, she forced a smile on her lips with her eyebrows furrowing together.

"No need to keep apologizing." he leaned against the doorframe. There they were, standing in the dimly lit hallway with the sounds of arguing coming from the room with two air shifting Chinese boys. If the house were so full and dark, why did it feel like it were just the two of them under a blinding spotlight?

"Right, sorr- actually never mind." she stopped herself midsentence. Awkwardly she shifted on her toes, keeping the same painfully awkward smile on her lips. "Why are you up so late?" she questioned, hoping a bit of small talk could quickly get her out of the situation.

"I don't know, it's like I live next to an obnoxious owl and share a bunk with a troll." he shrugged, noises of Chenle cackling emphasizing his point. "Why are you up so late?" he turned the question around on her.

"I accidentally napped for like six hours, we're also getting out of a full moon right now." she glanced at the gibbous that shone through the bathroom window.

"Oh yeah, you're like some water-shifter-hybrid-thing now." he recalled the information that Minjun would give him every now and then. Minseo paused, a pang of guilt washing over her system as she was reminded of the amount of lies she used to feed him.