The Opelucid City Gym

I leave Skyla's gym and get healed at the Pokemon Center before heading off to Route 7 where I get another encounter!  I find wild Zebstrika that gets killed by a critical hit from Dr. Goug, so there goes that teammate.

I soon make it to Celestial Tower where I encounter a Litwick that I Rattata kills because I was dumb and used bite out of habit.

I go back to Mistralton City and Skyla flies me over to Lentimas Town.  We arrive there and Juniper starts discussing Team Plasma.  They said something about the legendary dragon but there are two legendary dragons, Reshiram and Zeckrom and they both already chose their heroes.  I understand none of it but it's time to catch another pokemon!

Bianca came with us and she said that there's a rare fire type pokemon on Reversal Mountain.  I stock up on repels and head onto the mountain in search of it.  Well instead I encountered a wild Skorupi so let's see if I can actually catch it.  I do!  His name is Bean and he's a wonderful and adorable boy.

Oh?  Now I'm in a strange house!  I find and catch a gentle Gothita that I name Grandmame.  She likes to run.

After Bianca killed the Escadrill I was going to catch, I escort her through the mountain and we arrive in Undella Town where I accidentally start a battle against Hugh and win.

I find a lonely Frillish at Undella Bay, catch him, and name him Pringles.

On Route 14, a Gurdurr almost killed Rattata so that's fun.  On Route 14, I find a Drifblim and catch it after about using ten ultra balls.  I name him Zeppelin.

While I was training, I enter a triple battle and, during the chaos, their Gligar landed a critical hit on Margaret and ended his life.  So much was happening and I don't even know what move they used. That really hurt.  I go into the PC and decide to take Grandmame the Gothita with me in place of Margaret.   I take the team to Route 14 and train until Grandmame is full evolved into a Gothitelle.

As if that wasn't bad enough, during a triple battle, Tarst uses surf that not only destroys the opponent's pokemon, but also kill Espresso.  I thought he could take it but I was wrong.  I'd love it if we could not lose a beloved pokemon anymore.  I head into Lacunosa Town and, before I can replace Espresso, I run into Juniper and Bianca.  

They take me to an old lady who tells me about the Lacunosa's history.  She tells me about the Giant Chasm behind the town that was created when a man eating pokemon crashed onto earth inside a meteor.  I really don't care because I have a hole in my heart and my team that needs to be filled.

After considering my options, I add Zeppelin the Drifblim to the team.  I train him up and meet up with Hugh in town.

Hugh asks me if I have seen Team Plasma anywhere and then Zinzolin appears and Hugh and I battle him and a Team Plasma Grunt.  I defeat them with very little help from Hugh and they scurry off to Opelucid City.  Hugh races after them and I decide to head that way too.

I get to Village Bridge and I battle this old man.  I end up winning, but my pokemon were underleveled even for him.  Time to jump into the training game again!

On Route 11, the pokemon Virizion jumps down and battles me before I encounter any other pokemon.  I manage to catch it and name it Pwop.  After some careful consideration, I decide to add Pwop to the team instead of Zeppelin, athough he seems angry about getting booted.  It's probably nothing though.

I arrive in Opelucid City and I see Iris again!  I haven't seen her since Castelia City!  Turns out, the Opelucid City Gym Leader, Drayden, is her grandpa!  Just kidding!  Iris just doesn't know how a joke works, appearently.

We have had a very eventful journey to Opelucid City and now is the time to challenge the gym.  Drayden specializes in Dragon Types and I have no ice type moves but I do have a Coil.  

This will be a challenge.  I get our Fresh Water from the entrance and head into the gym.  I battle the trainers, heal up, and challenge Drayden to a battle.

Drayden's first pokemon is Druddigon.  I send out Coil and paralyze the Druddigon before hitting it with Flash Cannon.  The paralysis keeps Druddigon from moving leaving him in the red before Drayden heals him.    Coil uses Flash Cannon again, but Druddigon hangs on for dear life and uses Dragon Tail, sending Coil back into his pokeball and dragging Dr. Goug out.  Luckily, Dr. Goug takes him out with a single sludge bomb.

Next is his Flygon.  Out of good options, I send out Tarst.  Flygon uses Earth Power which does more damage than I'd prefer and Tarst tries to use Aqua Tail but barely misses.  Tarst survives another Earth Power from Flygon but this time, Tarst lands an Aqua Tail and puts Flygon in the red.  I heal Tarst just before Flygon uses Earth Power again and a swift surf takes it out.

Finally is his Haxorus.  I send out Coil and manage to get a Thunder Wave off, paralyzing the dragon.  It uses Dragon Dance to raise his power and I follow it up with a critical hit Flash Cannon that almost one-shots the Haxorus.  Luckily, Drayden gets greedy and goes for another Dragon Dance.  So with one more Flash Cannon from Coil, we win.

With our incredibly victory, we earn the Legend Badge from Drayden.

Only one badge left.