sᴏᴜʟᴍᴀᴛᴇ → sʜᴜɴ ᴋᴀɪᴅᴏᴜ

Soul mate AU - Where you actually have a compass instead of a clock, and it leads you to where your soul mate should be.

Dark Reunion has yet to make a move, the world is safe for the time being thanks to the Jet Black Wings. Humanity need not know who he is, their safety and happiness is all the thanks he could ever receive. Sure, it may be lonely working as a hero, fighting off evil wherever he could, but he knew he wasn't exactly alone. No, there was someone out there destined to be with him, the Jet Black Wings, and fight alongside him against the forces of evil.

A chuckle escaped him, as he glanced down at his wrist. The small compass sat there with the arrow pointing Southwest and occasionally moving back and forth, indicating that his soul mate was walking around. Kaidou has known about his soul mate since he was a child, but never really paid much attention to it. His wrapping often hid the compass from plain sight, so no one other than himself knew it was even there.

It wasn't until recently that he started to notice it, only because one of his classmates brought up the topic. Someone in their class had bumped into their soul mate while on vacation, and now they were sending each other letters and emails. He seemed so happy, boasting and bragging about their soul mate, how perfect and cute they were in every shape, size and form.

That had gotten Kaidou thinking, was his soulmate also perfect and cute? Was his soul mate someone worthy of him? Did his soul mate often stare down at their wrist and follow the moving arrow, wondering what he was like, what he was doing or what he was thinking about?

Having the compass on his wrist, he had never really paid attention to it, but after seeing how happy his classmate was, he couldn't help but wonder about the person the small needle pointed to. Every night he thought about them, and as soon as he got home from school and cram school he unwrapped his right hand and glanced down at the compass. Eventually his mother had started to notice his quiet behaviour, and would often hint that his soul mate would want someone smart with high goals.

He knew his mother was just saying this to get him to study, but what if she was right? He didn't want to disappoint his soul mate, he was the great Jet Black Wings, a hero who needed to be there for the love of his life. With that as motivation he did everything he could to study and become a strong man, a great hero that could fight off all of his enemies and grow in power. Dark Reunion would not lay a hand on his soul mate, he'd never allow it, not even if they bring out their newly made virus the Dragoonium Bloodlust of Death that will cause anyone infected to have all of their joints dislocated and bodies to wither away slowly.

"Oi runt," Nendou called out, wrapping his arm around Kaidou's shoulders and pulling the shorter male close. "What's wrong, you're so quiet all of a sudden, having girlie problem?"

Growling, Kaidou slapped Nendou's arm off of him and stepped back, sending the taller male a scowl. "Let go of me you idiot and I don't have girl problems," he mumbled, before spotting the all to familiar compass on Nendou's wrist. "Oh wow, so even someone as stupid and ugly as you can have a soul mate."

Nendou blinked in confusion at first, before glancing down at his wrist. The compass' needle was pointing Northeast, the complete opposite direction where the three of them had been going, and the needle was slowly moving back and forth, indicating that Nendou's soul mate was moving. The compass on the taller male's wrist was something Kaidou never noticed, he had always assumed that Nendou just didn't have one considering the fact that he wasn't all that likeable and never really mentioned it. Kaidou was sure that Nendou was one of those rare cases where he had no soulmate, thus giving him the 'freedom of choice' that so few had.

"Oh yeah you're right..." Nendou mumbled, before showing off his wrist with a bright smile on his face. "Would you look at that!"

"How could you not notice it, you idiot!" Kaidou exclaimed, wondering how the taller of the three could be so stupid as to not realize something so important as their soul mate compass. Heaving a sigh, Kaidou lifted his right hand and placed it upon his face to cover his left eye. He did a quick pose before turning to a quiet Saiki, who was staring at them with a blank expression on his face. "So Saiki, have you noticed your own soul mate compass lately? What do you think, is your soul mate out there waiting for you?"