ʟᴇᴛʜᴀʀɢʏ → ꜱᴀɪᴋɪ ᴋᴜꜱᴜᴏ

before you read:

'saiki telepathically communicating with reader'

'reader thinking or interacting with saiki through thoughts.'

"saiki talking without moving his mouth."

"saiki talking using his mouth."

➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵

The rays of the sun travelled through the cracks in your curtains, shining down directly into your eyes. It was annoying to be blinded by them, first thing in the morning, but it wasn't what woke you up. As you teetered on the precipice of reality and dream, you jolted awake when you felt a pang of pain in your stomach.

Groaning as you shifted your head to the side, you tried to find comfort beneath your covers. It was then that your eyes shot open, as you felt another stabbing pain in your abdomen. You exhaled in frustration at the predicament on your hands.

There was no way you could rest now. The chance of drifting back to sleep peacefully seemed unlikely. Rolling over to check the time on your digital clock, you furrowed your eyebrows as you tried to process what time of day it was. Ah yes, the ever so familiar, yet awkward moment when one looks at the time... but doesn't actually see the time.

The throb you felt in your stomach distracted you momentarily. Clenching your teeth at the pain, trying to wait it out until the feeling dissipated, you lifted the blanket after the discomfort subsided.

You sighed in relief; you hadn't leaked during the night. You mentally patted your past self on the back, commending the fact that you had decided to wear a sanitary towel to sleep. You were glad you recognised the cramps for what they were, when you had felt queazy the day before. It had signalled that you were going to start your period.

The feeling of self-appreciation could only last so long, and you found yourself rolling to the side to ease the onslaught of cramps that washed over you. Why did it feel as if you had been doused in cold water? Regulating your breathing, you took another glance at the clock, trying to see if you could read the numbers this time around.

'8:24 AM'

You had missed the alarm for the day, hadn't you? You sighed in exasperation; you had managed to sleep through the loud beeping of your phone. Or had you snoozed it in your tired state? You weren't sure. Nonetheless, there was no point in getting up anyway.

Your stomach churned uncomfortably, causing you to breathe through your nose. Nausea had begun to settle in. You rested your chin on the pillow despite the angle straining multiple of your muscles. You were peeved.

Turning away from your alarm clock, you pulled your covers over your shoulders in a feeble attempt to try and get cosy. You made up your mind then; you would not be getting out of bed until your health improved.

It sucked because you lacked the motivation to leave the comfort of your room to get pain killers or a hot water bottle. Both of which would help you drastically. You would have to suffer. As if it was even possible, you felt cold and hot at the same time. Would it be better to boil or freeze? You chose the former, burying yourself further into your sheets.

College classes were in less than 20 minutes and yet here you were, still in your nightwear. The train that you regularly used to get to college had left already, so there was no point. You had no intention of making an effort to go in; you'd rather be absent for the day.

As you tried to close your eyes and stop yourself from thinking of the repercussions that missing classes would have on your attendance, you failed to notice the sudden presence of a certain psychic in your room.