ʀᴏᴏꜰᴛᴏᴘ → ʜᴀɪʀᴏ ᴋɪɴᴇꜱʜɪ

! Gender-neutral reader!

The streets were quiet at night.

Logically it was because of how high you were from the ground, everything around you was silent. But in Y/n's mind it made them feel like they were drowning and like their ears were filled with cotton they could never pull out.

Their bare feet dangled off the edge of the building, they hadn't thought of putting on socks before leaving the house, they had been too consumed with awful thoughts.
The alley below them looked so small, they felt small. Everything and everyone always made them feel so insignificant.

was their death going to be meaningless too?

People at school always told them to jump, but what will happen once they do jump? Will the bullies get in trouble? Probably not, Y/n doubts they wouldn't even be punished for their doing they thought

No one would care.

their knuckles turned white as they gripped the roof's metal railing. The cold metal was pleasant, it eased the feeling of needing to tear into their skin over and over again.

Why would anyone care about their death? they were just going to be another number in the already depressing world

Y/n leaned their head forward slowly, their forehead meeting the railing. their hands shook before raising their head only to slam it back down against the railing. The sound was loud and sharp, scaring away some of the peaceful birds that had been resting nearby. 

The sound of their head meeting the metal left a twangy ring afterward as the metal bar vibrated, but the sound was disturbed again as Y/n continued to slam their head against the railing.

'What am I doing up here?'

'Why won't these thoughts just go away?'

'What's wrong with me.'

Y/n was so caught up in their thoughts that they hadn't noticed a presence behind them until their head was stopped by soft but firm hands.

"Hey stop that, you're going to hurt yourself are you okay?" a soft voice had asked

Y/n was shaken back into reality by the new person on the roof. their eyes began to focus back in on their surroundings, as they examined the speckles of blood on the railing and the terrible pain wracking through their entire head. But the moment of clarity didn't last long as they quickly turned around to look at the man behind them.

"huh hairo?" Y/n softly questioned, their current situation forgotten in favor of the unexpected person in front of them

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be hanging out with someone?" Y/n said, their eyebrows twitching downwards in confusion, to what y/n knew Hairo Kineshi was a student from their school a popular one at that everyone loved him hell- some even worshipped him

which made you even more confused why was someone like him talking to a nobody like you?

Hairo just looked at them blankly, a worried expression forming on his face.

"no, I was heading to the gym when I noticed someone in front of a railing on a rooftop and decided to check it out" The taller man spoke carefully 

The two looked at each other in a standstill debating on what to say to one another.

"Oh.." Y/n mumbled, "I'm really sorry to waste your time hairo" Y/n spoke as they stood up quickly, their stance wobbly from the possible concussion 

hairo's arms braced them "Woah, Woah, Woah" hairo yelled out stopping Y/n "I can't just let you get up and walk away from this. What's going on?"

"I.. I'm not sure where to begin" Y/n stuttered out

"Start anywhere you want, you can talk to me about anything you need to."

"I don't think you even know me" Y/n stuttered out they're voice cracking with the pressure put upon them "Y/n of course I know who you are, you are a friend, and being one I need to know if you're okay"

as those words left his mouth Y/n was frozen in place, most people from pk academy weren't kind to them, and finally being treated with respect and care by one was disorienting. before they knew it tears began to fall from their eyes.

hairo let out a surprised huff before situating the two to sit across from each other.

"What's going on " The words were gentle as a smooth hand placed itself gently on top of Y/n's clasped ones.

Y/n answered hairo's question they spoke about how they were being bullied at school, they spoke about how things had started to become physical, and how no adults in their life provided them with support. they talked about their struggles with self-harm and suicidal ideation. they talked about how that's what they came here to do tonight, they were finally going to end all of it, all of the pain and torment. All of it was going to be over. And how they didn't know why they started to suddenly hit their head but it felt so relieving and it felt so right that they couldn't stop. 

And hairo just held you through it all, he listened through the unintelligible rambling to the hushed pained whispers. He let you cry so much that his shirt got wet, and Y/n was so glad that they weren't shoved off for that.

Y/n was so glad hairo was nice.

The rooftop was silent once more as Y/n finished their story. the firm hold Hairo had on you're shoulders loosened.
'God he's finally sick of you' you thought as hairo pulled you close until you were face to face

"That's awful if I knew that this was happing in our school I would've stopped this" hairo mumbled softly as his auburn colored eyes flickered with guilt "No one should be going through that, especially someone you" He had sympathy in his eyes when he spoke, not pity but care and gentleness 

"Why are they doing that to you?"

"I have no idea but- I think it's because I'm always alone I'm not good with talking nor am I good at being funny and I'm not up to anyone's standards but I'm trying, I try to every day but everything seems so pointless" you breathed out tears running down your face

you weren't expecting anything but then you felt something warm wrap around you in a tight loving embrace you felt hairo's arms around your shoulders as you were greeted by a tight hug.

"Oh, Y/n" Now he sounded sad. "You don't deserve that at all. Especially because you did nothing wrong "

The two stayed hugging for a long time, maybe thirty minutes maybe over an hour you didn't know it seemed as if time had seemingly stopped- if it had truly stopped then it stopped at the perfect time. hairo spoke kins and reassuring words to you while you continued to cry on his shoulder wrapped up in his tight embrace stealing the warmth from his muscular body

The sky was brighter when they broke their hug you could still see the moon above as it shone in the beautiful blue night sky as a hue of orange could be seen through the corner, the moon was looking down upon the earth looking down upon humanity looking down upon you and hairo together on the lone rooftop. 

Both of them stood up on shaky unused legs. Hairo grasped your clammy hands while his other hand rummaged through his pocket before pulling out his phone. 

"here have my number If you ever feel like this again, or if anyone's hurting you please don't be afraid to call me," hairo said looking into your eyes 

"I believe in you!" hairo practically screamed as tears ran down his face 

you chuckled lightly whipping the tears from your eyes and accepting his number you still felt sad, no amount of comforting words or hugs could fix you in one night but it helped.

"Come on, I'll take you home."

And with that, the two started their way down the building's staircase. hairo had a gentle arm holding onto Y/n's shoulders as they leaned into him.

The world got a little louder as they reached the bottom.