CHAPTER FOUR

Man...I was soo toasted ! How was he here !! I mean did she send him here... Did they find me... There was no enough time to theorize this out. Once I arrived to my apartment I cleaned out all my stuff, packing my clothes and booking a flight to somewhere else maybe I could hide out somewhere in Asia like Bangkok or Nepal. God how could I let this happen since when did he reside in Gotham. I was so lost in my own world, figuring out their next moves and mine but  a phone call from Rebecca Miller stopped me from all this madness.

I picked up the call in a rush, " Becca now is not a good time---."

" I'm in front of you apartment..... can i... can I see you like right now....", she sounded worse than the first time I talked to her. I hung up the call and dashed to my door. However even a person like me couldn't handle to the sight of Rebecca in lots and lots of bruises and cuts and one of her eyes shaped so bad that it was bleeding from the corner of her eyebrows.

" Oh my god...." I pulled her along into my apartment, letting her down gently on the blood stain couch which I hadn't had time to clean for it.

" Becca what...what happened...." I asked her, as I tend some of the injuries she bared.

" He's not a normal person... he---."

" He smuggled in people ... meta human..."

" how did you----."

" Becca I ain't ordinary PI ok, since the day I saw him from your window I knew that something was fishy with that guy and I neglected it until..."

" You saw me ....so You knew this all along....", she sat up from the couch trembling giving me this terrified look. " Are you one of them ??!! Who are you?? did he make you do this  too ??!!"

" Becca calm down okay I'm just a PI, I'm trying to help you." I raised my hands in defeat, " just sit your ass down I ain't done dealing with your wounds."

When she was calmed down enough to let me touch her, I explained the situation thoroughly that how I met her on the rooftop while handling one of my client gigs.

" I tried to ignore the fact that I saw any of the abusing and I tried to let go but.. you just had to bump me." I chuckled.

" I'm sorry that I doubted you..." she apologized holding my other hand.

" It's okay I'm used to it.", I cleaned out all the bruises, patched her up with some good bandages. She  helped me clean the mess and then  asked me about the blood stained couch. Becca thought I ran into some problem with the thugs and got hurt, but no some asshole brought the trouble here. Hmm... I remembered giving Becca my office address but... not my apartment.

" Becca..." I called her out.

" yes ??"

" How did you know my apartment address....?"

" Oh.... That..... I was wondering that too. After I ... got into a fight with David... someone threw a rock with your address on paper covered it to my window. I mean... I live at 7th floor. If someone did throw it on purpose they would have to jump on the opposite side of the building like you did." She cluelessly answered.

" Is there anything else written on that piece of paper....?"

" Hmm... Not really ..OH ! but I did see a sign of RH or PL? I don't know the handwriting was pretty bad."

" Ahh I see..", it was that dipshit again. I swear to God this would be the last time I encountered with these vigilante scouts.

" Hey btw are you moving out or something....?" Becca asked me with a weak smile, despite all the injuries, she still managed to deliver me a smile.