CHAPTER NINETEEN

Cass?

Katrina?

Whaaat..? all of our attention shifted. I mean I didnt understand whether I should be surprised about Cassandra knowing Kat or should my life flash right before my eyes because I lied to everyone about Katrina.

Kat passed me, What are you doing here? How..? Your—How are you? The girls warmly opened their arms and greeted each other like a long lost friends, while the rest of us were gawking them and following up their conversations with a shock.

I thought she was a mute Stephanie whispered to Tim.

Its a long story I came here a year ago or two I cant recall after., Cassandra seemed to have the same issue with the league, I really didnt remember when, since I was too busy trying kill Bruce. Good old days

Anyway, Cassandra continued, How about you ? How are you ? Where is Nate---

Nate.?

Umm.. I really think this is not the right place to bring up about that. Kat cleared her throat and nodded her head sideway to us. The moment the two girls glanced at us, we tried to deceive them by not paying attention to any of their conversation but we were not convinced.

Tim pretended to type on the computer, though the letters were nonsense. Dick coughed and moved forward to where Bruce and Damien were standing. Steph and Barb were just looking anywhere except the two ex- league member. Yep this is awkward.

I said, I know I have a lot to explain---"

Jason., I gulped, knowing who the voice belong to, that cold and stern vocal could almost wiped off half of Gotham criminals, laid his palm on my shoulder which shivered. A word

Again, Tim was typing nonsense ! I could see his sweat staining on his back, he peeked at me sideway whilst Damian glared at me and the rest of the gang were just gathering in group and kept whispering.

Bruce stopped at some corner of the cave then handed me a profile of Katrina. The details on the paper couldnt surprise me anymore but what confused me was after all the inspection and the background check, why was Bruce keeping quiet, why didnt he confront me right from the start ?...

Look Bruce I---

The night when she ate dinner with us, I noticed the way she touched her food, the way she communicated with you and how you responded. I knew that it was odd, whenever someone slip the name Damian she would flinch and stiff and acted like she didnt hear a word of that name.

Well thats..----

At first I convinced myself that my son should enjoy his youth without his father trying to invade his privacy in any possible way.

At a time like this, my mouth felt like it was sealed with a glue which couldnt contradict to any of Bruces lecture that I used to. But this wasnt one of his lecture, thiswas more of a confrontation which I could not deny or speak up.

But, he continued, The fire from the beach house urged me to pursue a proof or anything to uphold something to to—remind myself that I should not let my guard down just because my son said he loved a girl and that girl.. knew what she was up against tothat same girl knewshe had a perfect chance, a perfect, he tighten his fist, strong grip on all of our neck but why.?

Why did she let us go?, said Bruce calmly. Our heads were at the same level and yet I could not bring myself to look in his eyes. Kat wouldnt tell a single thing about Batman because she didnt care, in fact she was the one who was surviving in fear. Fear that the League would come and take her back to prison of torture, fear of the vigilantes once they found the relation between her and the league then sent her to Black Gate. Katrina was just saving her own skin, though the big bat here had his suspicion right from the beginning.

The security camera, Bruce tap a button from his watch, a hologram of a video frame popped up, captured of this girl, brawling skillfully with a man whose strength were much more stronger than her and yet her wit and tact won. From that moment I knew what I had to do Jason and you need to understand that.

What ? like are you trying to adopt her too ?, I sput.

Jason, Bruce sighed and closed the hologram, What Im trying to indicate here is---

There is nothing to prove about. I ripped the paper apart, You dont know her like I do and you dont judge a person base on a worthless sheet of paper. I tossed the shredded paper to him, I know youre concerned and youre afraid that I might put the whole team into jeopardy. In fact, you were frightened of Kat that she might put your identity in risk according to your note on that piece of shit.

I tried to walk away from his crappy advice, then he grabbed my arm, Thats not what I---

Honestly, you only care about yourself in the end Bruce, its all about you and that suit of yours. Arent you already fed up of trying to becoming a hero in this hell pit. Youve earned your fame more than enough yet the city is still crumbling on the ground and yet.you decided to conner an innocent with a wholeeee bag of traps and evidence. Bruce just stood still, impassively as usual but his eyes spoke of a different language that I couldnt read what he was possibly warning me about.

I shook my head and my pursed my lips, Im done BruceIm done with all of this, Im done of playing and chasing around with this city---

She is addicted Jason !.... Bruce tried not to alert the entire cave by lowering his voice at the end of his selfish statement.

So?, I shrugged, She was rehabbed and got better, happy ending. Did you not put that information on that shit too ? Wow what a plot twist.

Bruce finally loosen his grip on my arm, She is using it again

Yeah like hell I would believe in that, I scoffed and walked away.

I will give you a fair amount of time., said Bruce. Seeing is believing right Jason ?

I paused on my trail, Whats that supposed to mean ?

Son please, Bruce held my shoulder, Im only trying to help you here. If you really love her, you need to do what must be done if you dont want her to end up like---

End up like Who ?!!, my voice trembled with rage building inside of every system of my being, I knew who he was talking about, Tell me Bruce !!. The cave didnt only echo my rage but also the clashing sound of a tea cup from the hand of Katrina.

Bruce walked pass me, Whats happening over there ?

Tim stood up from his seat, Bruce

I wasnt paying much attention to whatever the scene they were stirring up but as soon as I strode over there, one thing Id noticed was all eyes were paling between Bruce and Katrina, including that little maniac Damien.

Whats going on ?, I reached Kat, she was standing lifeless, her trembling hands which caused a broken tea cup grabbed mine as her lips were trying to escape a few words.

I frowned and look upon where her focus was.

ButThats impossible , was the only react I could counter.