CHAPTER FOURTEEN

" REBECCAAA !!" I yelled at her name as I searched and ran down the corridor, bumping with a red head girl and that Stephanie chick.

Stephanie : " Maayaa !!" Stephanie dragged my arm and hug at me which almost left me out of  oxygen. " We were soo worried when we heard the news. I'm glad you guys are okay." Oh... that.

Barbara : " Hi I'm Barbara Gordon. We haven't met properly yet." The  girl shook my hand with tendency, as I returned the favor along with a question.

" The Gordon...? Like commissioner Gordon..?" I asked.

Barbara : " One and only." So she was batgirl, that's what I concluded.

Stephanie : " We are on our way to meet Rebecca---."

" Ugh...! Don't bother." I rolled my eyes in disappointment. " She's kinda in the middle of something...---."

" Middle of what ...?" a familiar voice made me turned my head towards its.

" In the middle of Grayson's d*ck." I spat at Rebecca.

Barbara : " Oh You mean Dick Grayson ?"

" No I meant in—."

Stephanie : " Okayy !! Since we all are gathered up together, why don't we go shopping for the ball." She nervously grinned at all three of us, tagging down my shirt sleeve in the gesture of 'no more information further than this'.

Rebecca : " All right ! Lead the way."

" Actually I--."

Barbara : " Come on it could be fun ! Plus we get to know each other." NO we don't need to. " Right Rebecca ...?" Ok maybe it wasn't  only about shopping...

The three girls pulled me out of the hallway, heading to a large garage filled with expensive sport cars. I tried to complain but at that point it was no use, cause Tim and Stephanie were already barking at each other for having the same choices of preference in cars.

Meanwhile, Rebecca, the Penis Grayson and the batgirl were bickering about who slept with who first. The drama was soo much to take in for me. It all took place in one location. Right before I secretly attempted to escape from their warzone, someone tapped on my shoulder lightly and pulled back my waist to a blind corner of the garage. I raised my arms and dragged down its body to the ground, only to found out it was Todd.

" The hell are you doing it again ??!! " He grunted, while rubbing his back in pain.

" Then why are you always sneaking up on me...??"

" I was... trying to be a bit romantic....jesus." he mumbled.

" Well good luck with that."

" Ah... Sarcasm."

" What do you expect.?" I scoffed.

" Probably a quick kiss."

" Wha----." Before I knew, Todd pressed his lips softly on mine while his hands were busy wrapping around my waist tightly. For once in my life, I didn't put any effort in struggling from his embrace. I gladly welcomed it. The tension was quiet and calm which I hadn't noticed  he was already pulling me away from his lips.

" Jadey..." Our eyes were hooked like a chain. He said it was a quick kiss but I felt like time almost itself stopped on purpose for me to feel his warmth longer.

" Kat... I want you to know that..." he trailed and pulled my palms on his red cheeks. " Since that night, I have never forgotten you and your kindness and---."

" It's too dangerous Todd. You and I... we both know it's impossi---."

" What's impossible is also possible ! Give me a chance, give us a chance. I will prove you that we can escape from our past. Just like how you had helped me escape from the torture of the pit...."