CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

The room was dead silence as soon as the wooden door hit the floor. The tension was as high and dark as if Batman himself was standing in the room with us except it was a mini version of his. I almost snickered hearing at the thought of myself.

"Wh--- Why....Kat ?", Damian said."  Why now...", even the mask couldnt filter out his heartache towards the sudden reunion of his sister. It was supposed to be happy and touching moment but I somehow felt bad for the kid. The kid who wouldnt flinch and could withstand from a gunshot was now whimpering like a lost pup with a wound in his heart.

"Damian please...I can---". Kat reached out her hand to Damian but he slapped it away before he took one last glance at us and stomped away. I looked back to Katrina knowing how that might be really hard for her, despite everything she tried to warn me that this could all happened yet I pushed herI pushed us.

"Kat..."

"You said he longed for me...that ...that he wouldnt resent me and it would be the opposite of resentment." She scoffed, rubbing her eyes in an attempt of covering up her vulnerable self which would only prove that she s capable of many things, showing up her emotion truthfully whether its about me or Damian.

I stroked her hair and hugged her which was the only comfort I could afford for now, "I'm sorry, it didn't turned out the way you expected."

"No.It's okay", she sniffed, "I expect nothing in my life. It's.... it's just the way how it  goes...ha". She caressed my cheek, "I should go talk to him beforeyou know...."

"Explode the manor along with us? ", at least I could try to lighten up her mood which it worked.

Kat chuckled, "Yeah.. ". Before her lips could reach my cheek, the manor siren echoed through the entire ground. Bars and the lock system were put up all of the entrances and the exits, including the windows.

"What happened ?? Is Damian doing this ?!"

"No Kat", I held her hand tight.

Kat frowned, "What is it then..?." The siren kept warning, forcing us to leave the ground before the bar reached to the floor, I swept off Kat to my arms and made us in time from being locked up in our own room.

"Jason ! What the hell is going on ?! I have my own legs to walk or run whatever the situation we're in."

"There might be intruders." One simple respond made Kat to flinched and she looked at me. "Dont worry.", I smiled at her, "We have batman."

She punched my chest so hard I let out an oof, "This is no time to be joking and please tell me the manor has a safehouse---"

"We do. It's the cave." I said between pants. We fortunately reached to the clock and I turned the clock hand but luck wasn't on our side. The hand would only click if put into correct codes and position.

"Fuck.", I cursed again, the siren kept beeping and beeping louder, preventing me to concentrate any further, "I told Tim to not rewrite the program."

"What program ?", Kat jumped off of my arms and grabbed the iron rod beside the fireplace.

"Good thinking." I chuckled and squeezed her cheeks.

"Well, you know in case.", Kat rolled up the sleeves of her pants and glanced at me while I was still smiling at her, almost forgot what kind of situations we're in. "So whats with the program ??", she asked.

"Oh yes Tim was----". Out of blue there was a thump behind the hall which was connected to the kitchen. My forearm instinctively reached over Kat as I put her behind me. Kat knew the assignment, assembling the iron rod in her hand with a stiff knuckle. We shared a glance one more before the sound of footsteps were getting closer and louder. By the time the footsteps were closed to its end, I charged and ran down the hall with my fists prepared to send them off planet