"Well, It's better than hunting them down." I whipped my head to Johanna in alarm. Of course she wouldn't see a problem with it. She hasn't taken any classes in alliances, strategy or outliers. I bit my lip.

Katniss nodded. "Yeah, why not? If it fails, no harm done anyways, right?"

I scoffed, breaking my slience. "Well I'm out. I'm better off alone and weaponless hunting down Fangs and Muscles then going along with this plan".

And well of course that caused everyone to turn to me. Finnick opened his mouth to say something but was instantly cut off by Johanna. "Well the way I see it Velvet, you're weaponless and we're not. So you can stick it out with us and the plan. Or...you attempt to go hunting alone,   and I'll stick my axe in your skull the second you step foot in the jungle. How's that for a plan?"

I swallowed nervously. "Yeah, on seconds thoughts, I say we try it".

She tipped her head at me and winked again. "Now your talking".

Finnick rubbed my back before looking at Beetee. "So what can we do to help?".

"Keep me alive for the next six hours. That would be extremely helpful".

I stood slightly behind Finnick as he twirled his trident. The words handsome, smart and safe echoing throughout my head. I liked those words. Words asscoiated with something good instead of something terrible. Those words were Finnick. 

He turned to me with a smirk. "You coming in or what?"

Before I even had time to react he dug his trident into the sand and picked me up before throwing both of us into the water. When my head resurfaced, Finnick's sea green eyes were in front of me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he rested his forehead on mine. "Alright there, Love?"

I nodded back. "What are we going to do?"

He smirked at me. "We follow the plan".

I sighed. The plan that won't work. "And after that? You don't need to be a career to know what happens next. This is going to turn south quick Finnick. Y-you have to promise me as soon as its done that we leave."

He leant his head back and cupped my cheek. "You don't have to worry I'm going to get you out".

I shook my head. "Only one of us is getting out. And I need it to be you".

He kissed my forhead and the kiss lingered before his head dipped next to my ear. I felt his lips brush up against my air. "My love, you have my heart for all eternity. And if I die in this arena, my last thought will be of your lips".

I swear to god my breath stilled as I looked back up at him. His eyes were deathly serious and he'd dropped his smirk. He look vulnerable but determined. "I promised you Velvet, I'm getting you out!".

I didn't blink or move and then I felt it, I felt him. His lips had crushed mine. A kiss I didn't know I needed. A kiss filled with passion that I didn't know my life was lacking.  A kiss from Finnick Odair whist he held me close to him in the water. A kiss we both clinged to for dear life. A kiss from someone who was once my enemy and now...now he's my everything.

"All right, lovebirds!"

At first I thought Johanna meant us but it was Katniss and Peeta making out too. I looked back at Finnick. He nodded at me and kissed me sweetly this time before muttering. "Remember I love you"

I nodded, there was no doubt in my mind what I was fighting for now. I'd fight to get him out. Together we joined the others.