4

(Age 23, The 75th Hunger Games- Quarter Quell )

The second we entered the first floor of the tribute centre we were ushered into the hands of our stylists. My costume actually wasn't too bad considering last years pink monstrosities. This year, our colour is white. White like the Capitol, thus ensuring everyone knew how District One felt about the games. Still eager, still the Capitol's favourite child and still blood thirsty for the games to start. 

What felt like a hundred diamonds had been glued to my hair. I wore a mini skirt of white feathers and a dimond encrusted bra. That's it. My persona in a costume, sexy and supporting the Capitol's every move. I hated it.

I walked confidently out of the elevator and strode up to the first Chariot at the front. Eleven identical chariots behind it. District One would be the first to arrive and I knew it wouldn't be long until Gloss joins me. First Gloss and then every other tribute.

But for now I was alone. Just me and two horses chained to a chariot. I stared at the many cables and wires attached between the stallions and the cart. They were trapped. They were slaves...just like me. Only my chains wern't so obvious, wern't on display for all to see. But I could still feel them. I sighed, I wished I was the horse. My only task to pull a heavy object and then I'd get shipped back to District Ten, where I'd be free to run and eat hay all day. 

I felt a cool breath on the back of my neck, waking me from my day dream. "Hello, my Love".

I found myself cleching my teeth at the sound of that seductive purr. "Finnick".

I whipped my head behind me to come face to face with Finnick Odair. His lips were inches from mine and he gave me an amused smirk. Regrettably he looked gorgeous, natually so. With his sea green eyes and broze hair. But I knew Finnick, knew he was nothing but cruel...at least to me. He was holding onto my waist firmly so our chests were against each other, skin to skin. It was then I realised he was only wearing a peice of rope. He leaned into my ear, with that same seductive look. "Pity our rivalry will have to come to an end. But I guess all good things do end eventually. Guess next week it'll be you".

I bit my lip seductivly and rose my eyebrows at him. "That wins?".

He chuckled. "That ends". I felt his palm suddenly cup my cheek. "Preferably by my hand".

I glared openly at him now. "Or... you'll end by mine. I'll enjoy it too".

Finnick's smirk was back and he tipped his head at me. "I have no doubt that you would. But I'm quicker and to use a trident I won't have to get as close to you as you would with that puny little machete. Don't worry Love, I'll be sure to make it bloody and drag it out".

I scoffed. "Well not to worry, I won't give you the chance". I copied his action and rested one of my hands aginst his cheek. "In fact, I'll carve that pretty face of yours until its deformed and unregconisable". 

He shook his head and chuckled darkly before winking at me. "Happy hunger games".

I found myself smirking back with a look of almost pure joy. "And may the odds be ever in your favour".

With a final smirk, Finnick struttered away from me as if the coversation had never happened.  I watched him walk, trying to figure out more about him. His strengths and his weaknesses. He stood infront of his own Chariot, just in my line of sight. Mags, the female tribute for District four stood beside him. As I observed Finnick calculatingly, I found my face turn into a smirk that could match his. 

District Four. That's his own weakness. Sure, they're considered careers because they 'train'. But not in an acedmey. They train with spears to catch fish, it's their trade. They aren't brainwashed as children, they haven't been taught how to turn off their emotions. No classes in methodology, alliances and human behaviour. Only taught one skill, and not even by an instructor. They're taught by fishermen. As I watched Finnick bend down and kiss Mag's forehead, I knew. I knew I'd found his weakness. Love and the ability to feel. He'd morn her deeply in the arena. If I killed Mags first then Finnick in his traumatic state would be an easy second kill.