8

(Age 23, The 75th Hunger Games- Quarter Quell )

I had passed out. I had let myself fall asleep like I wasn't in a deathly arena surrounded by killers who hate me. It was a mistake. A fatal mistake. A scream of pain had my body jumping up in panic. I felt a weight on my stomach and looked down in freight before I huffed in annoyance. There's an arm holding me close that's connected to a trident.  Stupid Finnick is on my mat!

I sighed frustratedly and elbowed him in the gut causing him to groan and wake. 

"Run, Run! the fog is poison!"

Katniss had already gotten up to run, only driving home my point that she doesn't trust anyone in this alliance whose name isn't Peeta.

Finnick quickly rolled from ontop of me and was in front of Mags in seconds. "Mags, come on, come, come on!".

I started running behind Katniss, Peeta was infront of us with Finnick carrying Mags behind me. All of us sprinting as far away from the fog as possible. That is, until Finnick started running diagonally . Peeta, Katniss and I followed wherever Finnick went without question. As the fastest runner here, he had the job of finding the best route out with Mags on his back. I guess going diagonally is our only hope. I could technically run away from them all but with the fog coming in from every corner I had no choice but to follow after them.

I kept skidding in my run, going from left to right just to avoid it touching me. It seemed to be coming in a circle, closing in on us. Not a good thing when you're at the end of the group. Still I kept up my pace, panting straight beside Katniss.  I saw her fall with a grunt. I debated whether or not to help her up, like what do I care if she dies? one less tribute to worry about. 

But then I saw Peeta with my machete in front of me, to get that machete I need Peeta. And theres no Peeta without..."Get Up!"

I pulled on her arm and she was able to pick herself up. Yet, becuase I was slightly behind and had hesitated I felt all the pain in the world. My leg and back instantly connected with a wall of fog. I screamed loudly and Katniss pulled me along...We'd just helped eachother.

With every painful step I could feel the movement in my legs halting and I heard Peeta scream, a scream to my right. I'd lost the ability to move and I could feel the poision spreading in my blood stream painfully causing me to fall to the ground with another scream.

Was that Finnick screaming in the distance? I couldn't tell. I could feel myself losing conciousness though, all because I'd helped Katniss. If Peeta drops my machete then all of this'll have been for nothing!

I felt a body fall down beside me and I turned my head slightly to see it was Peeta. I could feel my body convoulsing now...I'd been hit bad. Worse then Peeta who was still in the screaming phase. My shudders had worsened by the time I registered that the others were panting around us. But I could barely make anything out now. I just wanted to rest..

"I can only carry one!". Katniss. Her voice was shaky but lets be real she loves Peeta and Finnick's supposed to kill me anyways. They're gonna drop me and run, it's what I'd do and it's the hunger games. 

I can still hear them all panting and with a gulp I hear. "I'm sorry Mags, I can't do it". 

My breaths were slowing down now, it won't be much longer. Might even be a courtesy if he stabs me. At least then then pain would stop. "Peeta please, Please stand up".

I heard Finnick inhale and fall to a crouching position beside me. "Mags?"

"Mags?..Mags?"

"Mags!"