Chapter 27: Door 1248

"He's right this way, Vivian." Namjoon said again as he lead me through the lengthy blinding-white hallways.

It felt like we had been walking for hours, passing white door after white door, some with keycard locks, and others just regular handles, some with signs of names of offices that they belonged to and others blank. It felt like this place was inhabited; the only signs of life were Namjoon and my footsteps.

We finally stopped at a door no different from the others, this one with a number in simple black letters and another keycard lock. "1248" Either an apartment or a holding cell, and only one of which I wanted to see. "He's in here. Shall I go in with you, or would you like me to leave you to it?" Namjoon asked as he pulled an identification card out of his white coat pocket.

"Leave me to it." I said plainly.

He sighed. "Very well." Taking the card, he swiped it over a small light on the front of the lock, causing it to beep and the mechanical lock to finally come free. Namjoon pulled the door slack and gestured for me to walk in, and I did so.

As I took around I noticed that this room wasn't much different from the one me and JImin had been in, around the same size but with a few furniture items. A small table, a little room that I assumed to be the bathroom, and a bed with an all white frame that had matching sheets. A body laid on that bed, his back clothed with that bright white that made me feel colorblind, and his large pale hands were clasped harshly around the back of his head, digits knotted in his brown hair. Brown hair with black ears.

Hearing the door shut behind me, I took a few steps closer and sat myself down on the side of the bed where Jungkook's feet lay, taking the fetal position he had himself in. His eyes were shut, a sign of sleep. Poor kid probably needed some sleep.

I brought my hand up and placed it softly on the side of his head, using it to move his limp hand down and ran my fingers through his silky brown locks, exposing his human ears. He twitched just a little. "Go away." The boy whimpered from under me weakly as he knocked my hand away from him.

"It's me, Jungkook. It's Vivian." I said to him as light as a tone I could get from my voice. It felt like this had happened before.

I had obviously struck a bell in Jungkook's mind as he removed his hands himself this time, eyes opening and head turning slightly my way. He looked up at me in disbelief for a second, his eyes as wide as grapes. "Vivian?" He basically breathed.

I gave him a reassuring smile and nodded, which gave him all of the proof he needed to fling himself up onto me, his nose crashing deep into my neck and arms crushing me into his body. I returned the hug, attempting to match his intensity by squeezing his abdomen, but no one could ever match the mere force of Jungkook's hugs. "Oh my god, Vivian! Oh my god!" He exclaimed into my skin, taking deep breaths of my skin.

We waited as many moments as possible before he finally pulled away from me, cupping my cheeks in his hands as I usually did to him and scanned my face. At the point I was already sitting in his lap, so we were nearly as close as possible. The bunny smile that was on his face made me smile back. Looking me over, he ran his rand through my bangs on pushed them out of my face, but he exposed the tender spot at the top of my hairline that I had been hit.

His smile faded quickly. "They hurt you." Jungkook pointed out under his breath.

I tried to smile and reassure him. "No, it's fine. It was just back at the house. Namjoon didn't do it."

I saw the anger grow in his eyes as he just gently ghosted his fingers along the bump, testing it. "Don't ever say his name like that. I shouldn't have let you get hurt." Jungkook said.

"Kook, please, don't worry about it. The only thing we need to worry about right now is getting out of here." I changed the topic, trying to keep my voice low in case if someone could hear us. "Do you know anything about this place?"

The boy shook his head. "I haven't seen anything yet. I've been sitting in here for a while." Instead of speaking he leant forward and rest his cheek on the bone of my shoulder, gently sniffing the scent of my neck and my hair. His hands migrated to rest themselves on my hips, thumbs stroking them lovingly. "Vivian, are you gonna stay here with me until we leave?" He asked innocently as he touched his lips to the side of my neck. If it was comforting him, I wasn't going to make him stop.

"I'm going to stay here as long as I can, bud, I promise." I reassured him as he peppered kisses along my neck and my shoulder. "Jimin is around here somewhere, so we need to find him, too, and then we can go home. I promise you we're gonna be there soon." I knew I was talking to him, but saying that was mostly more of an attempt to reassure myself. I was promising to get out, but how? The whole place was on constant lock down as far as I knew, and my ability to navigate this place was just as bad as Jungkook's ability to use the washing machine. So not good at all.

I felt Jungkook's back convulse under my hands and a sniffle arose from the cat boy, a soft little sound but enough for me to know how he was feeling. He was crying. Oh, god, he was crying. I hugged him tighter, running my hands along the balls of his spine.

"Mrs. Vivian, Jeon Jungkook, you two are needed elsewhere." A voice I didn't even know was there said from the other side of the room, scaring me and making me whip my head that way. It was Namjoon, playful smile plastered on his face as always, that stupid handsome smile that made me hate him so much. Jungkook didn't move but did stop crying, and I felt the air around me tense.

"Stay away." The hybrid grumbled into my neck, teeth baring against my skin. I gave Namjoon a look, not quite a worried one but still one that showed some worry.

"You are in no place to make demands. Don't make me show this fair lady what we do to disobedient pets." The doctor threatened low under his breath, finally making Jungkook look up at him, but this time in fear. A pained expression in his eyes, Jungkook weakly shrugged my body off of his lap and stood up in front of Namjoon, his gaze angled at the floor.

I reached up from where I was sitting and grabbed his hand, causing his head to whip back at me. I smiled to reassure him, giving the limb a squeeze. He squeezed my hand back, but didn't smile. "I'm sorry, sir." Jungkook said in a low voice.

Namjoon nodded. "Good. Follow me, you two."

---

author: i know updates are bad but im like medium dying at the moment so im working on it lol

jungkook is making me sad tho like yikes poor baby is in captivityy!!!

also, have any of you also seen the pictures of jungkook's back the came off of a v-live or something like that? i'm not one to do stuff like this, but i have mad respect for how built that boy is. ily, kookieee!!

end of rant lol, please comment and like and share eeee!!!!!!!!)