Chapter 8

"Do you want any breakfast?" Louis offered.

"Oh god no, I don't think I can eat anything or I'll be sick." Harry told him honestly.

"Well, do you want to go have a shower, I've got some spare clothes that will fit."

"It's alright. I'll get changed at home, it won't take long for me to get there."

"I'll drop you back. It's still a 20 minute walk."

"Thank you. Again, I'm really sorry about turning up here last night, didn't mean to bother you."

"Don't worry about it." Louis smiled warmly, "honestly." Harry nodded, standing up as Louis did. "Wait, we're all meeting today. Like in half an hour."

"Oh, um, I think I'll stay home today. Not feeling it."

"Are you sure you don't wanna just get showered and changed here then we'll go together?"

"I'm sure. Just let me know if there's anything new about the band."

"Okay." Louis sighed, "will do. Let's get you home then I s'pose."

//

Louis watched as Harry walked into the apartment block with a frown. As much as he tried to include Harry, Harry kept coming up with excuses to stay away from them. And even when he was with them he didn't interact much. And all he wanted was the sweet, carefree boy back.

With one last glance towards the building he started his engine, driving off to Liam's house.

"Hi." Louis gave them a smile as he entered the living room, settling on the sofa.

"You're late Tomlinson, as per usual." Niall tutted.

"Only by 20 minutes." Louis defended.

"Exactly. Where were you?"

"Dropping Harry home."

"What? From where? And why? And why's he not here?"

"He was drunk last night, turned up at my house and I couldn't let him go home so he stayed over and then I took him home this morning. He said he didn't want to come."

"He was drinking again?" Liam furrowed his brow, shaking his head, "why?" He asked softly.

"I don't know." Louis said, "I honestly don't know. He got all defensive when I asked in the morning, just said he had reasons and that it's none of my business. But he said he wouldn't drink for a week, although he can't prove it. I don't know, we'll just have to trust him I s'pose. I'll check up on him everyday."

"We need to try to get him involved as much as we can. There's no way he's drinking this much for no reason."

"Li, maybe we should lay this off a bit. I mean, you only saw him drunk once, it's not like he's turned up pissed every time we've seen him. And Lou, I know you said he has loads of alcohol, but that doesn't mean he drinks it all the time."

"Zayn, he was getting drunk for a show."

"He had an interview yesterday." Louis added, "before he got drunk, might've been the reason."

"I'm not saying we shouldn't keep an eye on him, I'm just saying it may be a bit excessive to suddenly label him as an alcoholic not even 2 weeks after we've first seen him in 5 years. We'll make sure we check in with him, but we won't be too invasive." Zayn explained.

"He has a point." Niall nodded.

"Okay." Liam sighed, "we'll back off a bit. But only a bit."

"Okay so next week," Louis changed the subject, "do you think it would be a good idea to get us all together for the week somewhere and just write and possibly record a song or two?"

"That's a brilliant idea mate!" Niall grinned excitedly, "it'll be so fun!"

"Well I'll message Harry now." Louis told them, "let him know and make sure he's free."

Louis: 'hey, the boys & I thought it'd be a good idea to all meet next week and stay somewhere together for the week and do some writing. You're free right?'

Harry: 'I'm free but can't we just stay here?'

Louis: 'it'll be fun, please Harry, we need you to be there'

Harry: 'okay whatever, fine.'

"He said he'll come. But he seemed reluctant."

"We'll just have to make sure he enjoys himself." Niall shrugged, "it'll be like old times."

"I hope so." Louis smiled wistfully. "I really hope so."

//

"No, Gem, I just can't." Harry sighed across the phone, "I can't spend a week with them. They think I'm a fuckin' alcoholic for Christ's sake so I can't even have a drink whilst in there. And if I'm there I won't be able to have time alone without one of them bothering me and asking what's wrong."

"Hey, it won't be that bad. I know you're scared to interact with them again but it seems like they have good intentions."

"No, they're just prying into my life. They're trying to find out the stuff I don't want people knowing about. It stresses me out."

"Harry, listen to me. You're an adult, you're not a little child who's dependent on their parents. If you want to leave whilst you're there there's nothing stopping you. It's not like you've gone on holiday with your family to a different country when you're small and there's no way of getting home. You can leave if you need to." Gemma reasoned. "It'll be okay."

"Okay. It'll be okay." Harry repeated, slumping against the wall.

"You'll be fine. I've got to go, alright? Are you okay now?"

"Yeah, yeah, 'm good. Thank you Gems. I love you."

"I love you too Haz. Call me if you need anything else."

"Will do, bye." He hung up, tossing his phone onto the sofa carelessly.

God. He really needed a drink right now. But he couldn't all because of that stupid promise he made to Louis. Although, it wasn't really a promise, more of a reassurance. But he didn't feel he could betray Louis like that. Not even after he abandoned him.

So instead he cut, only a little bit, but it was still a bit. And he felt that if Louis found out, he would no doubt go spare.