Chapter 47

"Harry love? Guess who!"

Harry's head snapped up from Louis's shoulder in excitement, "mum?"

"Hi honey." Anne grinned as she walked through the living room door, "and Louis? Oh, this is new." She smirked, observing the pair who were cuddled up on the sofa, Harry sat on Louis's lap.

"Hello Anne." Louis smiled.

"So, mind if I come in you two?"

"Um, no, come in. But you should knock first, what if we're...um..." Harry trailed off.

"Okay, I'll knock next time." She chuckled, "let's move on, I really don't need that thought in my head. So, what's this?" Anne gestured to the pair as she placed her bag down, settling on the sofa opposite them.

"Um, this is me and Lou?" Harry offered, not very helpfully.

"And you're boyfriends? Or?"

"Dating." Harry spoke, "not boyfriends yet."

Anne just beamed happily, "and you're treating him right?" She turned to Louis sternly.

"Of course." Louis nodded quickly.

"He's treating me like a prince." Harry looked down to his hands with a smile.

"Because you are one darling." Louis murmured, Anne overhearing his quiet whisper, her smile becoming larger.

"Lou is really helping me." Harry admitted.

"I'm glad." Anne shot a thankful look at Louis.

"Do you want tea or anything?" Harry asked his mum, "we've got quite a variety."

"We? Have you moved in Louis?"

"Um, not officially...but basically. Well, I stay here basically everyday but sometimes we stay at mine."

"It's about time you two admitted you had feelings for eachother."

"Why do people keep saying that?" Harry groaned.

"Because you've been head over heels for eachother since you met."

"How does everybody know that?" Harry huffed, slumping back down, "I never even told anyone."

"Sweetheart, I've already told you how bad you are at being subtle." Louis laughed.

"And what about you Louis? It only took you 10 years to realise."

"I didn't really want to get my hopes up." Louis shrugged.

"Okay, so neither of you are good at being subtle and you're both completely oblivious." Anne sighed.

"But look, he's mine now." Harry beamed. "I know it took 10 years but still."

"I can already tell you two are going to be one of those completely sickly couples who can't keep their hands off eachother." Anne laughed, the corners of her eyes crinkling.

Harry just blushed, snuggling into Louis further. "No."

"Yes." She spoke, "it's alright Harry, no need to get shy."

"But you're embarrassing me mum." He whined.

"That's my job."

Harry whined, Louis chuckling and running his thumb in circles on Harry's hip.

"So, how long are you staying?" Harry asked, desperate to change the topic.

"Not long, only tonight then I'm going to see Gemma. I thought I'd just stop by on my way to see her."