23.

Gracie.

Weeks went by after that fateful Sunday with Dani. When we got home that day, I was told to fast and pray for forgiveness which I did without even thinking about it.

I didn't think much about the things I did those days. Since I broke up with Grey, I'd been a hollow shell of my former self. I avoided him at school and everywhere else- not that I went anywhere else apart from school.

Scott had literally been my saviour, taking care of me and just generally being there for me those past two weeks. I hadn't told him why Grey and I broke up and he didn't ask.

Though I didn't feel like my former self, Grey certainly did not look like his. His eyes were perpetually sunken with dark shadows around them. He also had a beard which, though it suited him, I didn't like at all.

He looked like he hadn't slept in days, but even if he didn't look that way, I would know because I saw him every night sitting under the tree outside my window.

I missed him, my heart literally ached for him. Each time I saw him, it took all in me not to run up and wrap my arms around him. I longed for his touch, for his kisses, to have those gray eyes be the last thing I see every night, but-

I'm not going into this again. Scott had told me I needed to stop thinking about Grey before I would be able to move on properly.

I closed my Bible with a thump when my mum called me down to dinner. My parents knew something was up with me. I saw the little glances they threw at me and then each other every evening.

I greeted my father before taking my place at the table. My mother placed the last dish down and then sat opposite me.

I bowed my head as she began the prayer. "Heavenly Lord, we thank you for today, for providing for us. We thank you that we are not going hungry. We also thank you for Mike's promotion and we put our move into your hands an-"

My head snapped up, "What?"

"Do not interrupt prayer." He grunted.

Normally, that would silence me but, "No, what did she just say? We're moving? Again?"

"Honey," my mother began, casting a small glance at my father "Your father got a promotion and it's for the best, really. You've become something else since we moved to this town."

No, no, no.

"No" the word was small but then I never disagreed with my parents.

She sighed, "You see, my daughter would not disrespect prayer time like this! Look at how you dress now, how you speak to your parents. This is not the girl I raised!"

My chair scraped the floor as I stood up.

"We are moving and that's final, Tamara Grace. Sit down." It was my father this time.

I needed to get out of there.

I rushed towards the door, ignoring their shouts behind me. I needed air.

How could they do this??! I was finally settling down, finally had friends!

My eyes were blurred with tears as I stumbled out of the house.

I walked blindly to the street until I stumbled into something hard.

"What happened?" he growled "Why are you crying?"

At the sound of his voice, I practically melted into his arms, the tears wouldn't stop coming

"Shhhh, shhhh" Grey whispered as he stroked my hair, "I'm here baby, it's okay."