Chapter 14

Aisha's POV

With Nadia's words playing in my head, I made my way out of the restroom and back into the hall. Before I got back to the table, I didn't Emeka again and I sighed in frustration. I knew he didn't leave me, he was probably somewhere chatting with some associates and signing deals while I just sat down, questioning my life choices. One of which was chose to follow Emeka to the place.

Why did I say I'd come with him?

Music began to play and couples began to dance in the middle of the hall. I knew I wasn't missing out on anything because Emeka couldn't dance to save his life and he would have passed on the opportunity dance with me. I was beginning to wonder how it would be during our couples dance on our wedding day.

"A beautiful lady like you shouldn't be seated all alone." A very familiar voice said and I looked up only for my eyes to meet the last person I'd expected to see here.

"Hakeem..." I muttered involuntarily and he chuckled, the deep rumbling sound sending a shiver down my spine. My eyes involuntarily raked the length of his body, taking in his attire which was coincidentally, the same colour as mine.

He was claded in a Navy blue designer blazer on top of black pants. His inner wear was a black turtleneck and he had a black lapel pinned to the side of his breast pocket. His shoes were definitely designers, looking really expensive. I couldn't miss how confident he carried himself, like he owned the place. All in all, he looked hot.

Sexy.

Handsome.

The full package.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him after I snapped out of my reverie. He chuckled again and sat down on the chair that Emeka had occupied.

"I should be asking you the exact same thing, Aisha." He threw the question back at me indirectly. "What are you doing all alone?"

"I actually came with my fiance." I told him and he feigned a surprised look.

"Oh, I see." He stated, sarcasm dripping from his voice. "And where is he?" Hakeem surveyed the area.

"He is probably having a chat with some of his associates." I replied, trying to sound as confident as I could, but knowing Hakeem, he saw through everything I said. But he didn't act like he did.

"In that case," Hakeem stretched his hand towards me. "Let's dance." He offered but I shook my head.

"I can't. I don't know how to dance." I lied and he chuckled.

"That's okay. I'll teach you." He took my hand and led me to the dance floor gently, ignoring all my murmurs of protest.

"I didn't sign up for this." I muttered when we got to the dance floor, in the midst of everyone else dancing the night away. He chuckled and pulled me closer to him, his hands sliding to the small of my back. I sucked in a breath.

"You'll be fine. Just keep your eyes on me." Hakeem whispered and I nodded, his voice pulling me into a trance.

Bruno Mars' Versace of the Floor was the next song.

We began to sway, me following Hakeem's lead. His hands settled on the small of my back and I encircled my arms around his neck, swaying to the gentle rhythm of the song, his intense gaze fixated on mine. A look that did things to my body.

Not caring that Emeka might be lurking somewhere, watching me, I got lost in Hakeem's eyes, in his easy smile. He pulled me close till our torsos were touch and he guided my movement. I toned down the song that was playing in the background, my body and my mind focused on the man that had me in his arms so delicately.