Chapter 15

Aisha's POV

Beep...

Beep...

Beep...

I kept hearing that sound in my head but I didn't know where it was coming from, mostly because every where was very dark. I couldn't open my eyes no matter how hard I struggled to. I kept hearing distinct voices but I couldn't recognize any of them, even when I strained my ear to listen.

Where am I?

Why is this place so dark?

I tried asking myself questions, trying to recall what happened that got me into this dark place, but that was a very bad idea. My head started to hurt so much, it felt like my brain was splitting into sub sections. The beeping sound became louder and I heard the voices again but this time I recognized one voice. My head went into another level of pain.

Arghhh!!!

I'm very sure I screamed that but it only echoed in this dark empty world. I saw a loop hole, sucking everything around me into it. The pains got worse, the beeping got louder, the voices got clearer. I was lifted in the air and was getting sucked into the loop hole with just one name on my mind.

Hakeem

****

****

Beep...

Beep...

Beep...

I stirred and tried opening my eyes and this time it opened, or at least one of them. There was something covering my left eye. I groaned as I felt a wave of pain wash through my body. I reached a hand to my head and felt that it was wrapped in a bandage.

I looked around and saw that I wasn't in my room, neither was I in any hospital, or so it looked. The room was massive. Very big and it was themed all white. The sheets were white and so were the cottons and the walls. I was confused. I don't have a memory of how I got here or who brought be here.

As if on cue, the door opened and someone walked in. I immediately recognized the person.

"Nadia." I called out weakly.

"Oh, thank goodness you are awake. I was so scared." She came to me and gentle hugged me, making sure not to break more bones that were probably already broken in my body.

"How did I get here?" I asked her and she sat down on my bed.

"Well, Hakeem brought you here. Three weeks ago." Nadia said gently, making sure to pick her words carefully. I nodded, taking in that she has said.

"I've been unconscious for three weeks." I stated than asked but Nadia nodded anyway.

Flashes of what happened three weeks ago came flooding through my mind and I didn't even realize I was crying till Nadia used her thumb to clean my tears and hugged me. There and then I bursted into full blown tears, Nadia whispering soothing words to me.

That night was deadly. I had never seen Emeka so angry before than he was that night. This is the first time he would be hospitalizing me. He has never beaten me to unconsciousness before. He wanted to kill me that night.

No, I can't take it anymore. This is the last straw.

The door opened and Lola ran inside. Closely followed behind her was Hakeem. I don't know how Nadia called them or if they just had a very too timing but I was really glad they were here.

Lola joined in the group hug and I cried even harder, this time very happy and grateful for the people I had around me. I looked up to see Hakeem leaning on the door, hands folded and face impassive and expressionless. I looked away as I felt really ashamed.