chapter 10

Ace's POV

After dropping Hazel off at her father's house, I decided to drive around instead of going back home.

I drove for a while, I don't know where I was going, I just kept driving without a purpose.

By time the streets became familiar, the deeper I drove, the less buildings I saw.

I stopped the car in the middle of nowhere, I discovered this place like 2 years ago, I usually come here when I feel stressed and in need to clear my thoughts.

It's more like a forest but with dead trees and a lifeless plants, you can say that this place is abandoned.

I had never seen anyone here except myself, so I feel free.

As soon as I got out of my car, the breeze of the night hit me.

I stripped out of my clothes and shift into my wolf form.

I started to run deeper in the forest, the forest is quite dark it seems creepy but I am used to it.

I ran faster and started to think about what happened at those two days.

First, I had finally found my mate which I couldn't believe until now, I feel like It's a dream and I will wake up any time soon and return to my usual life.

Second, she has an abusing boyfriend, I don't know how exactly he was treating her, all I know is that I didn't like what I heard from Joshua, but it's a relief to know that she is breaking up with him.

That's all what I know, I also don't know how I will work things out with Hazel, should I wait a little? Or should I tell her? And if I told her should I tell her that she is my mate or tell her that I like her and ask her to be my girlfriend?

All of those questions kept ringing in my mind, I kept running while thinking about what I should do next.

When I made up my mind and decided what I should do next, I ran back to my car and shifted back to my human form.

I put on my clothes and hopped in the car.

********************

Hazel's POV

"Ouch!" I winced as I touched the cut on my temple.

When I woke up 10 minutes ago the cut was hurting so bad, so I cleaned it up.

When I finished cleaning the cut, I went to the kitchen and made myself a cup of coffee then went to the living room.

I layed on the couch and stretched my legs on the coffee table, If dad was here he would definitely be scolding me, cause he love this table so much.

Dad! I forget about him, I haven't been answering his calls for 2 days now, he must be so worried.

I put the coffee on the table and headed to my room.

I entered the room quietly,walking on my tipy toes as Joshua slept with me in the same room yesterday and I didn't want to wake him up, I grabbed the phone from the nightstand and got out of the room.

I sat back with the same position taking advantage of the opportunity that dad wasn't home.

I dialed his number and waited for him to pick up.

He picked up on the third ring, "Hazel wilson! it's better be a good excuse, why weren't you picking up my calls ." Dad scolded me.

I paused for a second trying to find an excuse as I don't want to tell him about what happened at least until he got back, "I-I am sorry...... m-my phone fell from my pocket.... and got broken, s-so I had to go and  buy a new one." I know that I suck at lying but that's what I could manage to say.