chapter 19

Hazel's POV

"Hazel.....Hazel.....wakeup darling." My dad said while shaking me lightly to wake me up, and I groaned in response.

"C'mon Hazel stop being lazy, aren't you excited for your birthday." Dad asked excitedly, of course, I wanted to say but I was too lazy to even answer him.

"Hazel......wakeup." I yawned as I sat on the bed with my eyes still closed.

"Hey, are you going to sleep like this." He said then chuckled.

"Happy birthday, princess." He said warmly as I opened my eyes, I smiled widely.

"Go wash your face and change your clothes so we can go buy your birthday cake." He said and stood up to get out of the room.

I went to the bathroom, washed my hair and brushed my teeth, then I changed into a red floral dress and then put my hair into two French braids.

I got out of the room then went to put on my sneakers, when I am done I went to the kitchen as I assumed that my dad will be there.

When I entered the kitchen I found dad and mum arguing about something.

"Good morning, mum! How are you doing today" I greeted as I looked at her small baby pump, "I am fine." She said with a tight smile.

I looked at dad who is busy searching for something in the fridge.

"Dad! Look I have finished." I said to get his attention, when he looked at me I twirled to show him my outfit.

He came to stand beside me, "you look amazing, princess." He said as he kissed my temple.

"Where is Harley?" I asked them as I haven't seen her since I waked up.

"She is still asleep." My mum answered.

"I'm gonna wake her up." I said excitedly .

"Why?" My mum asked with a frown, "to get ready so she can come with us."

"No let her asleep, go with your dad and when you come back she will be awake."

"Okay." I said a little bit disappointed that Harley won't be able to come with us.

"Let's go." Dad said and I grabbed his hand.

We went to the store and dad bought me half caramel half chocolate cake, as caramel is mine and his favourite, and chocolate is Harley's and now days mum's craving it a lot, so that is the perfect choice.

When we finished with the cake dad bought me ice cream, of course it is caramel, then we made our way back home.

"Are you excited for your gift, princess " dad said as we are walking, he is grabbing the cake with both of his hands and I am busy with my ice cream but he got all of my attention when he mentioned my present.

"Yesss! Are you gonna tell me what it is?!" I asked with hope.

He shrugged, "maybe."

"Are you serious?!" I said as excitement started to get over me.

"I am not gonna tell you....." he trailed off,  I sighed in disappointment, "....we are gonna get it in our way." I looked at him as my eyes started to light up.

"Thank you dad!"

We kept walking until dad stopped in front of a gold shop, "here we are." Dad said and I looked at him with confusion.

Dad entered the shop and I followed him, he greeted the man who is standing behind the counter, and the man greeted him back.

They exchanged a few words then the man disappeared for a few seconds, then returned back with a blue velvet box and handed it to dad. Dad smiled as he took it from the man.