chapter 5

Hazel's POV

"Hazeyy!" Joshua squealed as soon as he saw me.

He ran to me, I crouched down and opened my arms for him.

He hugged me very tight.

"I missed you. " He said with a sad look.

"I missed you too, Josh." I said.

"You said you are going to take me late, but you didn't say that you'll be that late." He said pouting.

"I am sorry." I muttered, now I'm feeling guilty.

Joshua didn't hate the day care, but at this time I'm sure that most of his friends must have been gone for two hours.

Ace are waiting for me outside, so I didn't want to make him wait.

It was really nice of him to offer dropping me home.

I grabbed Joshua's hand and walked outside the daycare.

I walked to the car and opened the back door for Joshua, he frowned  then hopped in the car, I buckled his seat belt, then went to the passenger seat, I opened the door and entered.

"Sorry for making you wait." I told Ace who was looking at his phone, but when I entered the car he put down the phone and gives his full attention to me and Joshua.

"It's fine." He said with a smile.

"Hazel, who is your new friend?" Joshua asked from the back sit.

I looked at him, he is still frowning, there is confusion all over his face.

He didn't see me with people other than April and Finn for years now.

Actually since what happens 6 years ago, I don't trust people easily, it's just April and Finn because we are friends since we're around Joshua's age.

I don't know why I feel comfortable around Ace in that short time, we have just met today.

"Joshua, this is Ace." I said pointing at Ace.

Then I looked at Ace, "Ace, this is Joshua my brother." I told Ace with a small smile.

"Its nice to meet you, Joshua." Ace said looking at Joshua from the mirror.

"Nice to meet you too, you can call me Josh all my friends call me that." Joshua said friendly.

Joshua is compeletly opposite to me. He is a very sociable person considering his age.

God! He is six and can hold a conversation ten times better than me.

"So you're considering me one of your friends?" Ace asked raising his eyebrow.

Joshua shrugged, "yeah, since you're Hazel's friend, so you are my friend."

I don't know why I didn't correct him for the second time, it's seems like I didn't mind him calling Ace my friend.

Ace chuckled at Joshua's answer, "so how old are you, Josh?"

"I am six." Joshua said raising six fingers.

"Ohh! You are a big boy then."

"But Hazel said that I am still young." He said sighing sadly, shaking his head in disappointment.

A chuckle escaped my lips at Joshua's behaviour, it's a little bit dramatic but it's cute anyways.

"That's because you're my little brother, Josh" I said and he pout then huffed crossing his arms over his chest.