chapter 22

Hazel's POV

After we finished, Ace asked me if I had something planned for this weekend and obviously I answered with a 'No', so he offered to spend the day together at his house and cause I didn't have anything planned so I agreed .

On the way back to Ace's house, I checked my phone, I found blenty of messages from April, it was a funny pictures of her and Landon at the beach.

she had told me that she and Landon were planning to go to the beach this weekend and invited me to come along them to celebrate my birthday, but I told her that I will be fine here, as I will be celebrating it with dad and Joshua

I smiled widely at the phone as seeing April happy in her relationship made me smile I think she had found 'the one' ,the one who completes her, the one who makes her happy and takes care of her.

I kept scrolling through the pictures and when we pulled infront of Ace's house I showed him the pictures and kept rumbling about how adorable they are and how they made me believe in soulmates Ace listened to me carefully with a smile on his face .

And finally when I stopped, Ace mentioned a thing about them being mates I frowned, "what is a mate, does it have a thing to do with the werewolf and the vampire thing? Is Landon a hybrid too?"

He said that Landon isn't a hybrid, but a werewolf and explained to me what a mate is, it was interesting listening to him.

But I don't know why realising that Ace has a mate all of sudden made me sad.

"Ohhh..." I trailed off, trying to not show emotions.

"Have you found your mate?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Yeah." He hesitantly replied.

"And who is she? if you don't mind me asking." I tried not to invade his privacy, but I couldn't help it , so I asked him.

"No I don't mind." He replied with a tight smile.

"So, do I know her?" I asked.

"Yeah." He said looking at me, and I was waiting impatiently, who could be his mate?

"Who?" I asked eagerly.

I waited for his answer on fire, even though it took him seconds to answer, but I feel like he has been quite for a lot.

I tried not to overthink before I got the answer, why I am going crazy right now for God's sake?!!!

"You." He said, have I heard him right?

"What? Do you mean me...like me? Me?" I asked confused pointing at myself, I don't even know what I am saying right now, is that even a proper question?

"Yeah, I mean you." He said pointing at me.

He is sitting impatiently waiting for my answer.

Okay...that's was kinda unexpected.

I paused for seconds to think about it.

Ace has been so nice to me since we met, he takes care of me all the time, he helped me a lot when I was in a toxic relationship with Finn, and taught me how to defend myself, and also made me a little more confident about my insecurities that Finn had always made me doubt myself because of it.

But c'mon am I ready for a new relationship, as I've got out of a toxic one just a few weeks ago.

"Hazel, can you say anything, please, you know we can take it slow as you want, we can pretend that I have said nothing and when you fee..."

"I want to give it a try." I said interrupting him, it may sound rude but I didn't want him to overthink it.

"...L That you're ready for a relationship, I will be here waiti..." Ace stopped when he realised that I have spoken.