chapter 8

Ace's POV

"Thank you so much Ace, we really had a lot of fun today." Hazel thanked me as I stopped infront of the building.

"Me too, I spent a good time with you and Joshua, hope we can hangout later." I told her.

"Yeah, off course." She said with a small cute smile and get out of the car.

She went to Joshua, grabbed his hand and headed to the building.

I was staring at my beautiful mate as she entered the building when my phone rang.

I looked at the ID, it's Landon, I haven't hear from him since when we were at the diner, I was taken by those days events.

"Hey." I greeted him

"Hey, what's up man?" He said from the other side.

"I have found my mate." I said bluntly.

"What?!" He sounds surprised from what I said, honestly I myself can't believe that I have finally found my mate.

"Isn't that a surprise?" I asked.

"Yeah." He muttered, I had been searching for my mate for almost a century and couldn't find her, last year I gave up and stopped searching for my mate, we guessed that I don't have one or that she was dead before we could meet.

so yeah! It's surprising.

"Let me guess! Isn't it Hazel?!" He starts to talk again.

"Yeah, how did you know?" I asked confused.

"That explains your behaviours yesterday at the diner, and I heard from April that both of you were hanging out today, when April told me that I told her that she was wrong and it's just another person called Ace." I hummed in response.

"And guess what?" I asked him.

"What?"

"She has a boyfriend." I chuckled bitterly.

"Dude, what the hell....." I couldn't focus on what Landon was saying, as I was smelling a special scent of blood.

My eyes darkened, It's smelled delicious.

Wait a minute! It's smelled like my mate's blood.

I can recognize her scent clearly, so she isn't far from me.

"Ace! Do you hear me?" Landon called for me, I didn't answer him.

I looked beside me to find my beautiful mate exiting the building with blood dripping down her face and a red mark on her cheek, I looked beside her to find a scared Joshua.

I was quickly to get out of the car, as soon as I exited the car she noticed me and I can tell that she was surprised to see me.

When I was infront of her I engulfed her in my arms, she cracked and started to cry.

Soon her sobs becomes hiccups, I left her head up, "what happened?" I asked her with concern and she started to cry again, I stroked her cheek gently while cooing to her reassuring words.

I took her hand in one of my hands and Joshua's hand in the other hand and went to the car, I opened the back door and helped Joshua to get in the back seat, and helped Hazel in the passenger seat.

I have to take her to the hospital to check on the cut on her temple, I think it may need stitches.

On our way to the hospital my phone starts to ring again, I didn't answer it.

What the hell happened when I dropped her off?

I kept glancing at her to make sure she is okay.