Guilt

Authors Note: Thank you for reading this far 🖤🖤.
Plz don't forget to vote.

The greatest magic you have is the courage you go digging for, when your world falls apart, the light you still hold, when everything has grown dark.

Nikita Gill,

Now it hit her fully, the armed personel, the security around the house, everything that happened with her.
She knows for sure that Frank is human, as human as one can possibly be.
"What is he still doing here?" Anna asked Cane refering to the rogue in front of her.
The rogue laughed a smug laugh, she coukd see his wolf playing inside his head.
"He can help." Cane said.
Anna felt incredulous.
"Help with what?"
"The league Anna, the league."
Anna thought how could a rogue a wolf whom has gone against everything that their nature is about help them?
"How exactly could he help?"
The rogue laughed again. Anna asked calmly. She didn't care about the rogue. To each his story, the rogue is more accepted than her in here, a traitor is lower than a rogue.
Cane was exasperated.
"Stop it you two."
"I want to have a word in private with Anna." He said looking at the rogue.
The rogue got his hands up in a surrender gesture.
"Sorry in here, don't mind me.."
He said playfully with a grin on his scrawny face, one could see that his wolf was amused too.
"Go." Cane said with authority.
The rogue went back inside the house, the guards were clearly wary of him. They wers following him with their stares.
Cane looked into her eyes and said gently.
"Hows the healing going."
"Better." Anna said.
Cane seemed like he didn't believe her.
"Why..."
Anna cut his sentence by saying.
"Why do you wanna work with the rogue?"
She didn't want to talk about it, it was evident to Cane.
He didn't want to pressure her especially after what she went through.
"Well you know what they say, the enemy of my enemy is my friend."
"Really, and you can trust him... what a single rogue can do? And why the fuck are they enemies even?" Anna said.

"Look Anna, James..."
She cut him mid sentence again.
"Who is James?"
"The rogue Anna" Cane was shocked again, he was getting angrier by the minute and he needed to keep his wolf at bay, this house is full of heavily armed humans.
"You shared a cell and you don't know his name!!!"
"So what, i don't recall that my stay there was a social visit."
"James is a representative of a group of rogues, living in the city.. we had set a meeting when he got caught."
Anna wanted to stop him mid sentence again. But he stopped her.
"Enough Caroline i want to finish the damn explanation."
Than he noticed the name he uttered, a glimpse of horror and sadness passed through his eyes, his wolf was resurfacing again.
Anna noticed but looking at his facial expressions she didn't want to ask about Caroline. She just made a mental note of the name.

Anna gestured to Cane to complete talking.
He knew that she gave him a pass and he was thankfull for that, he needed to focus, he didn't need the pain to hit him now, he needed it at bay.

"The rogues want the Capitoline league gone just as much as i do."

"So you just shake hands with these unstable rabid people."

Cane looked at her like she grew two heads.
"Who are you talking about, you read too many fairytales or sometging Anna. The rogues in this city are more civilised than some pack wolves."

"Really your James there seemes so civilised."
"Anna stop it, you don't have to like the guy, just let me finish."
"The league has been hunting some of the lone rogues through out the continent, they want to defend themselvss, to fight back, they are trying to make an alliance."
"What could they bring to the table?"
Anna said, she sounded incredulous.

"You need to change this idea about them, that they are rabid creatures attacking innocent wolves, its the old ages, now they are normal people living their lives, they work in companies all over the city, Hell some of them own conpanies, they own houses, they are having kids, even your father was friends with some of them."
Anna was shocked, thats what her mother told her about the rogues, that they are filthy creatures, more animal than human and they just want to kill little kids and wolves because they feel alot more inferior.

"Why would they help?" Anna said again she still seemed shocked but she still asked.
"They seem like they have a good life according to your description, so really why would they help?"
"Because they are being hunted all over the country."
"By the league?" Anna asked.
It dawned on her.
"Yes Anna, most of them aren't pure bloods, you know that."
"They are hunting them?"
"Yes, in the beginning they thought that they were random accidents. But the numbers of rogues disappearing all over the country were getting alarming, so they fought back.
Thats when they noticed that all the attackers had a mark on their left shoulder, its the same one as in history books Anna, but with an added twist. Its the Capitoline league attacking them, so they joined forces."

"What do they want from you?"
"Again Anna the enemy of my enemy is my friend."
"You are a single lone wolf Cane running for your life, what could they possibly get of you."
"I was in for a long time."
Cane said calmly.
"You were in what!!!?"
Anna said, her heart statrted beating fast, what could he possibly be in. The packs, she's sure most of these rogues were in packs, he must mean Erebus Sons, but her heart was beating fast, it was telling her something else.

"What were you fucking in Cane?"
Her voice rose, she was getting angrier by the minute.

"I was in the League." Cane said calmly, their was guilt in his eyes, but his voice was calm, dangerously calm.