The visit

Authors note:Thank you for reading this far.
Don't forget to follow and vote 🖤🖤

We have doomed the wolf not for what it is, but for what we deliberately and mistakenly perceive it to be –the mythologized epitome of a savage ruthless killer – which is, in reality, no more than a reflected image of ourself.

Farley Mowat

She trained for hours, took a bath and slept.
Anna woke up to another day, she heard a firm knock on the door, she looked at her screen, it was the man with the fedora hat and the coat.

So many questions rose in her head.
"I just want to talk Annabelle."
She went to her room brought her gun and opened the door while aiming at the man.

The man was calm, he had a set of beautiful blue eyes with wrinkles on his face, he seemed handsome even though old and calm, the calmness was wierd like shining from his face.

"I couldn't talk to you yesterday, especially not after the encounter with your mother, i'm sorry for the inconvenience of me coming to your home."

Anna was shocked by the reaction of the man to the gun being aimed at his head, or to the lack of reaction.
"I won't hesitate to shoot."
"Oh i know my dear, i know."
He moved calmly around her appartment, removed his fedora hat and put it on the edge of a sofa and went to her coffee brewer.
"Coffee mademoiselle?!"
He said it in a charming theatrical way, with an apparent french accent.

"Who are you?!"
She was still aiming the gun at the man, her hand was firm, no shaking.

"I'm a friend Annabelle, a friend of your father."

"Should i believe that?!"
"Yes you should, if i wanted to kill you, it wasn't a hard task to do yesterday, with your state back then."

"The Leonards coffee beans, what a delicacy, your father used to adore these when he was in college."

The man was like an artist, the swift hand moves, the way he was behaving, it was like she was assisting to a musical. Yet she wasn't hearing the music.

"I'm Hector Adams, of the Adams pack, i was talking to your father before he died."
The man stopped for a second, he looked at her, but he was in deep thought like remembering past events.

He poured coffee for both of them and brought the cups to the coffee table.
"I don't know how he came back to this wretched city, but knowing your father he loved familiar things."

Anna was still looking at the man, she put the gun on the table aiming it at the man and sat.

"What do you want?"
"Your mother's daughter i see." He said with a tiny grin playing at his mouth.

"What do you want again Hector?"
"I want to offer you what i offered your father, i ow him this much."

"What did you offer him?"
"A safe passage to the north, a war is loomimg on the horizon, you want to be here when it blows out?"

"How do you know that?!"
"Oh my dear i know..." he was talking like there was a melody playing in the background.

"Can you cut the bullshit."
The grin expanded to a full blown laugh"
"Cubs nowadays!! It's not the first war i witness, your mother was here to gather souldiers, she thought of you as one, thats why she talked to you in the first place, she,'s going to try with your sister too, after all you all are her proginy, especially after what your brother did."

"What did he do?!"
"Oh my dear Anna he left her."
The man took a sip of his coffee and sat back observing the city from her window.

"Where did he go?"
"To the north. After all he has a mate and a cub, he can't afford to loose in a war of insanity."

Anna sat thinking, her brother has a cub and a mate, her father would have been so much happy to know that. That is if this man is saying the truth.
Her phone rang it was Sebastian, she answered, he was coming in the night, she said ok and closed the line.

"The human boyfriend, oh what surprises life can bring."

"Excuse me!!"
"Oh my dear, you surely can understand?! One of the purest breeds, a black wolf, with an alpha as a mate, born and bred to be a great Luna, yet you are with a human."

"What is that of your concern?!"

"No Annabelle, i am concerned about your safety, in wars there is collateral, and a lone wolf is easy prey."

Anna was was sitting still.
"And how is the north going to be any different than the other parts, if its a full blown war?"

"My dear, they can't go to the north, not now at least, they know better than to go into a loosing battle ground, they know the north can crush them, with king Conan as the head of the legions, they know better."

Anna had heard of the young alpha when she was back on pack land, he has a vicious bloody reputation, a ruthless man, with a dark history.

"I'm going to have to pass on your offer."
"I am going to give you some time to think my dearest Anna."
The man stood, took his fedora hat, made a gesture with it, like they used to do in movies when saying goodbye and he moved towards the door.

"Oh and Annabelle, turn the news on, this is my phone number in case you wanted to reach me."
He put a card on her console table and left.

Anna sat, her heart was beating wierdly, she didn't know if her life can be any wierder.

She opened the news, there was apparently a gang battle in an old neighbourhood in the city.