Beautiful contradictions 2

Authors note: Sorry for the short update.
Don't forget to vote.
Thank you for reading🖤🖤🖤

Anna and Cane got down, they were led to Franks office.
He was standing looking to the outside through a big window. He turned and looked at them.
"Anna.... you look better today!"
He approached them and kissed Annas head.
Anna was accustomed to the man.
"Uncle Frank, how are you today?"
"I am good."
"So Cane you did stay!"
Frank said coldly, no emotions there. He wasn't even phased by the wolf in front of him.
A man was standing in the corner, Cane turned, he looked the man thoroughly, he seemed alarmed like he recognised the smell of the man.

The man moved forward, he was wearing a tux, he had a looming figure, but he still seemed like getting out of a magasine.

"Theodore is a dear friend of mine, he is going to help us with this mess."
He said while looking at Cane, like blaming him for the situation he put Anna in.
Canes face hardened even more, she didn't know how that is possible. He looked like he could go through a wall with that stare of his.
Theodore and Cane knew each other it was evident.
Theodore came forward, looked at Cane, the man seemed at ease with him self. He had some grey hairs which only made him look more handsome.
"Condolences." He said while extending a hand to the beast in front of him.
Canes shoulders hardened, it was like someone hit him with a bucket of cold water and ice.
"Thank you." Cold laced his voice.
It was chilling.
Anna wanted to know what the fuck happened why the condolences?!! Who died?!!
"Theodore was a representative of the Canyon pack, but he retired 5 years ago, he is a friend, he is going to help us with the Maxwells."
"So they really think that you went through all of this trouble to deliver us again to their hands!!!!." Cane said while still looking at Theodore.

But Theodore wasn't looking at him, he was looking at Anna.
"Annabelle Hollow, you do not resemble your father."
He said it as a matter of fact.
Frank looked at Theodore.
"So the rumors are true, he rejected you as his Luna."
Anna was sick of this topic, everyone is talking about this.
Apparently she became the packs gossip material.
Oh how much her mother loved gossip when she was young. She knew everything happening in the pack from dinner..... her father used to joke that he didn't even need to watch any TV, the packs suspence was enough.

"Yes." Anna said calmly, again no emotions there. Apparently she was mirroring the beasts stance. Cold as ice on a late december night, cold as her mother when she left her father to die in the hand of Erebus sons. As cold as her mates heart when he rejected her. She was as cold as a stillborn.
The man gave her the same look the rogue did. The same surprise was there.
Anna stood next to Cane, Theodore looked at them.
"So you found a replacement easily! Both of you!"
"You really resemble your mother Miss Hollow."
"Excuse me, who the fuck are you?"
Anna said calmly, venom laced her voice.
Cane kept looking at the man in front of him.