Nol

Prologue

It was a cold night in the middle of spring when the house of the main branch of the Uchiha was full of noises. A few minutes later, a brief silence filled the room before a crying sound was heard.

"Congratulations, Fugaku-sama, Mikoto-sama, it is a girl."

The nurse handed the crying baby to her mother after being cleaned up. The woman lulled her baby down, ceasing the cries until it stopped. She rocked her a few times.

"What should we name her, Fugaku?"

Mikoto looked up to her husband, only to find the disapproving look that he gave. Before Fugaku could answer, there was a knock on the door, and a young boy came in the room looking scared.

"Okaa-san?"

"Itachi, come here and meet your sister!" Mikoto exclaimed.

"Sister?" Itachi's doe eyes went bigger as he came closer. He peeked down at his sister and smiled softly. "Can I hold her?"

"Of course." Mikoto handed the bundle to her oldest.

"She's so cute." Itachi mumbled. The baby moved and for the first time ever, she opened her eyes.

Gasps were heard. Fugaku's shock expression turned into a sinister grin. "Of course!"

"Eh?"

"Children of mine are supposed to be prodigy. No matter what gender they're in." He said in finality.

Itachi looked down at his sister's eyes. The full developed sharingan had turned back into a pair of normal black beads. He frowned at his father's words.

"I've decided." Fugaku made both Itachi and Mikoto looked up at him. "Her name would be Fumiko. Uchiha Fumiko."

"Fumiko-chan, huh?" Mikoto smiled as she stroked Itachi's hair. "What a pretty name."

"Fumiko." Itachi mumbled. The baby snuggled more into him, making her older brother chuckled lightly. "Onii-chan will always be here for you."

*