Dua puluh delapan

Chapter 28

Fumiko was seated on the cold chair that made from iron. Her hands were tied with anti-chakra chain on the back of the chair. She sat silently as she blankly stared at the dark glass that showed her reflection. The girl internally cringed as she could see how skinny she was with dark eyebags.

Her attention turned to her left, where Ibiki came into the room with a yellow haired ninja. The blonde ninja bowed to Fumiko deeply, making Ibiki sighed in annoyance.

"Fumiko-sama." He greeted.

"Yamanaka Inoichi." Fumiko nodded, before casting a glance toward Ibiki. "Knowing you're here, you're going to get into my head, aren't you?"

"Ha'i. That's the plan." Inoichi rubbed the back of his neck.

"Has Senju approved to this?" Fumiko raised her eyebrow. "Without her consent, the both of you are doing something illegal."

Inoichi looked at Ibiki before looking back at Fumiko. "....It's direct order from the Higherups."

"Ah, sou." Fumiko sighed, then relaxing her body onto the chair and closed her eyes. "Well, go ahead. I know it'll take time to put the cords on me."

Again, Inoichi and Ibiki looked at each other in surprise. "How do you know about—"

"Your little illegal experiments with the prisoners to perfect the Yamanaka jutsu?" Fumiko opened her eyes and looked at them coldly. "I was the ANBU captain. You underestimate me. Oh, don't give me those looks. Hiruzen-sama already knew about this but he didn't stop you, did he?"

Ibiki clenched his teeth. "You're monitoring us."

"I do." Fumiko hummed in agreement and closed her eyes, done with the useless conversation.

Knowing that she would not say anything else, Ibiki nodded towards his underlings outside the glass to enter the room and start attaching the wires on Fumiko. To be able to attached the wires to her, giant needles have to be pierced to chakra spots all over Fumiko's body. The process was slow and painful, but not even once the girl flinched nor opened her eyes. That, Ibiki had to admit, was impressing.

"We're done."

"Let's start the process."

Inoichi went behind Fumiko and put his hands on the helmet put on the girl's head. He was sending his chakra to the device, making it reacted and started to projecting what he was seeing in Fumiko's mind on the white sheet attached on the wall beside the girl.

As if relieving the past, the process started slow. They were watching through Fumiko's lenses, noting how her hands still had baby fat in them and how Fugaku was way taller than her. That was when she was three years old.

"Again." Fugaku was crossing his hands with stern look stitched on his face.

The girl struggled to stand back up. All of her body was bruised and full of cuts. What made it worse was that her sweats multiplied the pain on her cuts.

"Fumiko." Fugaku's warn made the girl snapped back and stood up.

Itachi was there too, both he and Fumiko had Fugaku as their opponent. Even though he too was exhausted, he was not as injured as his sister. Before they were ready, Fugaku was behind Itachi, about to hit him with one of his deathly jutsus if it were not for Fumiko suddenly appeared between the Uchiha males and received the attack herself.