Tiga belas

Chapter 13

The day of the exam came, Fumiko stood on the top of Hokage's office. Her gaze swept all around the village with her sharingan on. The ROOT were all scattered all over the village to her satisfaction. She could feel how the enemy's chakra reduced by a half of it since she could not order an assassination to people from Suna before they attacked first. The Hiddensound villagers were another story though, she felt no remorse making her ROOT killed them all.

It was already halfway to Sasuke's fight with Sabaku no Gaara. Fumiko noticed how her brother was about to win when suddenly an enormous chakra flicked within the red haired boy and hell went loose. People were being chased by ninja from Sunagakure and some from others. Several people being kidnapped. Giant snakes appeared and about to destroy the village.

The latter ones though were being stopped by Fumiko. She activated Konoha defense mechanism and used her chakra to move the walls, traps, and at the same time, the escape route that she and Fu had been discussing about. Fu, on the other hand, was busy trying to kill the snakes along with several other ROOT members. Sai was leading the escape route. Yet somehow, people still get either hurt or kidnapped.

"Damn it, Tenzo!" Fumiko cursed. "What the hell are you doing with the ANBU?"

When the giant snakes were finally gone, Fumiko deactivated the chakra draining jutsu and fell to her knees. Her breathing was ragged and her body was full of sweat. A familiar chakra flickered next to her.

"Fumiko, are you the one who activated Konoha's defense mechanism?"

"You're late." She hissed the man. "Where are your ANBU, Tenzo? My ROOT has to do everything alone."

"Most of them are on missions." He answered. "The rest are with Sandaime."

"Sandaime?" Fumiko frowned.

"Yes, he was fighting Orochimaru at the moment."

"Then let the old fool fight him alone. Our prioritize is the citizens. Order your ANBU to protect the citizens."

"But—"

"NOW, Tenzo!"

The older ANBU looked surprised at her outburst, but he understood the situation pretty well. He nodded once before vanishing, ordering all his ANBU to protect the citizens instead. He then came back to Fumiko and brought her to the Sandaime's place. Trapped in a box-like jutsu were Sandaime and Orochimaru. However, what happened next took their breaths away.

Sandaime was stabbed. In his last ragged breath, he casted his dull eyes to Fumiko. Determination was shown in those eyes for a spilt second as he screamed Fumiko's name. "Fumiko!"

Knowing what the hokage wanted, Fumiko showed her mangekyo and activated her Susanoo. The giant dark blue humanoid slashed its massive katana to the box-like jutsu and landed directly behind Sandaime. Fumiko noticed how the old man held Orochimaru's sword-tongue and his summoning, Enma, held Orochimaru's hands down. Performing a sealing jutsu that she saw when Minato sealed Kyuubi, she made the Shinigami sealed off Orochimaru on Sandaime—but the man was able to shove Enma away, making the only ones being sealed were his hands.

"Shit!" Fumiko now was run off chakra, her Susanoo disappeared and she fell right beside the Third Hokage. In her weakened state, she could make out the words coming out of Hiruzen's mouth.

A-ri-ga-to. Go-men-na.

Then everything went blank.

By the time Fumiko opened her eyes, she saw Sai was sitting near her, drawing on his sketch book. She looked around, finding herself in the hospital. She forced herself to sit up.

"You sure make us worry a lot, Taichou." Sai said without looking up. "The Hokage's funeral is today, by the way. Would you like to attend?"

Fumiko did not answer him, yet she stood up. The girl took out the IV from her veins, letting her blood flew through her arm. Sai helped her changed into her Uchiha clothes silently. He even put Fumiko's hair into a bun. They then body flickered in front of Sandaime's photograph.

Gasps were heard. Not only Fumiko was crashing the funeral, she was literally exposing her existence in front of the ninjas by showing the Uchiha crest on her back. Having Sai still in his ANBU uniform while supporting her body was not helping the situation either. The rain was pouring down heavily, yet nobody moved their body.

The girl blankly looked at the altar before raising her right hand. Everyone was watching intently, noticing how her yukata sleeve rolled up and flexing her deep scars on her hand. Other gasps were heard when suddenly the rain stopped. The clouds went away, letting the light brightened the gloomy event. Fumiko flicked her fingers, then all of the sudden a breeze came and flew the white flowers to the sky. It was so mesmerizing that it made people started to cry.

Fumiko almost leaned all her weight to Sai when suddenly she was being lifted up. The girl looked up, her face was just millimeters away from Neji before the boy put his forehead on hers and closed his eyes. Being held bridal style, the girl relaxed her body and let Neji took her back to the crowds so the ceremony could continue.

Sasuke came to his sister and looked how she fell back asleep on Neji's embrace. "Neji, I can take my sister."

"...No, it's alright." Neji refused. "Fumiko-sama and I are enganged, so this is one of my responsibilities."

"E...ngaged?" Sasuke was frozen.

"Ha'i." Neji nodded. "I thought Fumiko-sama told you about it since you're her brother."

"No." Sasuke mumbled, but letting Neji held the girl. "Is she alright?"

"Taichou drained all of her chakra." Sai finally opened his mouth, gaining attention to people around them. "When Sunagakure attacked, she was the one activated Konoha defense mechanism. Usually only the Hokage or Sannins who have enough chakra to do so. That's why she drained all of her chakra, especially when she forced herself to seal Orochimaru's hands and flying the flowers away. She's totally knocked out."

Sasuke looked at his sister with a frown. How strong actually she was? Should he really ask her to train him? But would she accept him? Or Orochimaru is an option? Should he...?