3

Vote or you'll turn into a vampire. Hehe...

Also, don't forget to leave your thoughts!

This chapter was written by @Smirtha004 

________________________

-2 days later-

"Morning dad" I greeted him as I walked into the living room with my activewear on. "Morning dear" he greeted me back but I sensed a slight amount of distress in his voice. I know why but still I wanted to ask him. "Is it that case, dad?" I plopped down myself beside him on the couch. He nodded with a huge sigh.

"What's new about it?" I asked him. "It's been two years and still we couldn't even find a lead for this case. This case made me question my own intelligence and capability. It's very challenging" he massaged his temples. 

I can understand the difficulty of being a Commissioner general. It's been a year since I saw him having a peaceful slumber. He even lost his appetite. He stressed himself too much for this case. All that I can do is hope that this case finally comes to an end. But, for now, I must divert him from that case, so that he doesn't get stressed.

"Wanna join me for a jog, dad?" I smiled at him. "no, dear. I didn't have my breakfast yet. I'll join you tomorrow" he smiled back at me. I pouted in a little disappointment. But, it's ok. "Ok dad, bye" I waved at him before making my way out.

-

-In the park-

I was peacefully jogging until I saw a little boy who was beautifully skating. I suddenly halted and observed that kid. His footwork was amazing, they moved in a graceful manner. The way he was gliding, it temped me. It made me feel like I wanted to try it too.

I patiently waited for the kid to finish his session. After he was done, I saw him resting on the wooden bench under the tree. I slowly approached him and he looked up at me. "Hey, kid! Can I try this? The sight of you skating tempted me". Oh god! I was very straight forward with him, hope that he doesn't get scared.

He giggled before replying, "Noona? Did I do good?". He seemed so excited after hearing my compliment. "Of course, dear" I smiled. "I can let you skate but I don't think my shoes will fit you. Wait here, I will borrow a pair of skating shoes from my seniors for you" he said before excitedly running towards a group of young men. Even though I couldn't see their faces properly, I could say that they seemed so professional.

I saw the kid pointing out a finger at me before grabbing a pair of shoes from their hand. I don't know what excuse he made up to them, but I am excited to skate. As soon as he arrived, he gave me the shoes and I wore them as he instructed. Along with it, he also gave me a helmet and some safety measures.

After preparing myself for the upcoming adventure, I slowly stood up from the bench. Successfully, I didn't fall. But, I am not sure if it goes well like how it is now. I slowly tried to move, and I did well but not until I tried to fasten my pace. 

It was too late when I realized that I shouldn't have moved faster. I tightly closed my eyes while thousands of thoughts were crossing my mind about the embarrassment that I am going to face. I was about to fall but my back didn't hit the floor instead, I felt a pair of hands snaking around my waist.

I slowly opened my eyes to see, "Tae?". I felt my lungs taking a break from their duty. "Breath out. You are safe with me". Again, it was too late when I realized that we were skating, he was guiding me with his arms around my waist. "Wow" I breathed out. Our legs moved in sync. I looked around to see that nobody was there around us except that kid. That kid was startled at the sight in front of him.

 My eyes were again shifted to see him who was already looking at me with an intense glare. "What brings you here?" I asked him with slight laughter of excitement. "Those shoes" his eyes pointed down at those shoes which I was wearing. "Yeah, what about that?" I asked him. "Those are mine. My junior borrowed them for you. Since I knew you already, I was watching you all this time. That's when I noticed that you moved your legs too close to fasten. You shouldn't do that, you might fall"

At first, I was frozen at his words but I was drawn back to reality when he increased the speed of our pace. "I closed my eyes again, "Tae, slow down. I'm scared". "There is no fun in slow skating. Hold me if yo-" before he could complete, one of my arms made its way to his waist, and the another one was tightly clutched with his hands.

At this point, we literally looked like a couple dancing at a grand ball, except for the attire which we both were in. We had a great time while skating. He even taught me some techniques. We finally decided to end this session after a good 15 minutes. The park was filled with our laughter, I was pretty sure that even people who crossed by park would have heard us.

"Thank you so much" I told him while resting myself on the wooden bench. He sat beside me with a doubtful look. "What thanks?" he sounded rough. "For saving from an embarrassment, for teaching me-" he cut me in the middle of my sentence. "I don't need your thanks but, I wish that you could do something in return for me". I was confused as I couldn't understand what he actually meant. 

"What should I do?" I asked him. "Visit my truck often. Don't mistake me that I am asking it for money, I can shower you with tons of free ice cream. I just like spending time with you" he added. I laughed hard at his joke. "Tons of free ice cream? Are you sure?" suddenly, he grabbed my wrist. I was shocked, I stopped laughing. He placed his palm over mine before continuing, "It's a promise. It's not a joke". 

I could sense that he sounded serious. But, I couldn't understand why would he do that for me. After all, I am just a stranger who was his customer once. I thought twice before replying to him, "Sure". I smiled, so did he.

"Ok bye. I have classes today. Meet you later" I waved at him before packing my things. "Sunny?" he called me. I hummed in response. "I think there is something wrong with my phone," he said. I knitted my brows before turning to look at him. "Why? What happened?". Did he think me of a mobile engineer?

"It doesn't have your number in it" he let out a sheepish smile. Such a cheese block?! I laughed before grabbing his phone from his hand. After some time, I stretched out his phone, "Here, I have added my contact number to it". His lips formed into a smile.

Without any further talk, I decided to get back home as it was already getting late for my classes. "Bye" he waved at me.

______________________

Vote and comment if you liked this chapter.