Kabanata 13

I told him my plans tonight. Instead of driving me home, he said he'll be with me while shopping. Wala akong problema doon kaya pumayag ako kaagad. In fact, I was actually looking forward for this.

"Dad doesn't really allow me to go out sometimes. Kaya nakakapanibago ngayon," bida ko sa kaniya habang magkahawak kamay kaming naglalakad paakyat sa paborito kong stall.

He nodded and listened to everything I said. He looked very attentive when I speak, lalo pa't nagkwekwento ako sa kaniya. He won't talk and let me finish my story before commenting. That's what he always do.

I smiled, "Do you go shopping, too?"

Pinaglaruan niya ang mga daliri ko habang ang kabila ay nakapamulsa. He looked so attractive in every angle. Girls were actually looking at him but they would stop and glare at me. Kanina pa iyon, pero ako lang naman yata ang nakakapansin.

"Sometimes I'm with the boys."

Shopping with his boys? Ngumuso ako. I noticed that their bond is really strong. They've been friends since freshman and I always see them hanging out around the campus. And they're not the group of boys that are perverted as fuck. Zhyner and Ruther is the playboy among them and they got the dirtiest mouth but they know how to respect a woman well.

"Who's the closest to you among them?" I started.

My favorite shop is on the third floor of this mall. Malayo layo pa ang lalakarin namin pero mukhang wala namang problema sa kaniya.

"Either Rashid and Hunter.." nag-isip siya ng kaunti. "Rash is a bit coarse. While Hunter is chill and he's not as nosy as the rest."

I nodded. Pansin ko nga din ang pagiging tahimik at malamig ni Rashid. He's the most mysterious among them and very scary to bump at. While Hunter is also silent but not too intimidating. Malamig pero hindi din naman masungit tignan. I don't know.

"Why don't Zhyner join the band?" I thought of that suddenly as we walked through the boutique I wanted.

The saleslady greeted me and the guy with me. Nagulat ako nang makilala siya ng saleslady. She addressed him as Mr. Manzanilla. Well, I guess they're really famous here. They know me too, but only as the new Mayor's introvert child.

"He thinks its the band is a waste of time and his parents are not into that."

I heard he can sing.. sayang naman.

"How about you? Do you parents want you to enter banding?"

He followed me slowly, "They didn't disagree but they also not against it."

Nilingon ko siya. "What if your band is taking a big step? I mean, audition to a entertainment, signing contracts and such.."

"I'll think about it."

"Bakit? Don't you want to be a great performer? You will be! You all deserve to be."

He smiled more and pulled my waist. "You want me to be a great performer someday? Baby, that would be hard.."

I bit my lips and looked around. Wala namang nakatingin sa amin pero bakit ako nahihiya?

Ngumuso ako. "I'm fine with watching you play in small stage but of course, its different watching you in a coliseum!"

He chucked. Pumikit siya at tumingala. I watched his lips looked so happy with what I said. He laughed at it like it was a big joke that I said. But actually, I really believe in him. I knew he can get into that stage someday. At kapag nangyari iyon, nandito pa din ako para puntahan siya. Everytime and everywhere.