{Chapter Twelve}

_____

_____

"And the Dreams you left behind you didn't need them/ Like every single wish we ever made
I wish that I could wake up with amnesia/ and forget about the stupid little things"
- Amnesia (5 Seconds of Summer)

_____

LOOSE ENDS

ARYA FOUND HERSELF sitting on the edge of the dock overlooking Long Island Sound. A dock that was practically on the other side of camp only accessible through the forest. Even if someone did find her there, she was making it very obvious that she wanted to be alone.

Well, she didn't want to be alone, she wanted to be with Luke, and he was no longer an option.

Her eyes stayed trailing as the water pushed up against the dock, then pulled away, the same pattern repeating over and over again, her head nodding along with it.

As hard as she tried to stop them, she could help the tears that flowed down her face the entire time she had been sitting. At first they were constant but now she would feel one fall every once in a while.

She sat and talked with herself, coming to terms with what her life was going to be like from now on. She got her freedom to leave camp, but in return she felt she was losing everything else.

Annabeth had heard back from her parents and they were more than welcoming to invite her back to stay, so off she goes for the school year. Arya told the girl how proud she was that she was reconciling with her family when the two girls had said goodbye earlier in the day.

Percy had seemingly made up his mind weeks ago, whether he knew it or not. He was going to go home, of course he was. With his step-dad gone and his loving mother safe, he had no reason not too. Especially, since his best friend, Grover, was also leaving. However, Percy was still waiting for Arya's response.

Her time on the dock had caused her to make up her mind on that matter too.

As badly as Arya wanted to get as far away from camp as possible it wasn't a good idea. Her and Percy's scents would be too strong, it would be selfish of the girl to risk the Jackson's life because she wanted to pretend to have a family. Arya told Chiron she wanted to protect those she cared about. She planned on following through on that. She also couldn't leave her home, not even if it was now tainted with bad memories. She still had people here she cared about and with a new threat brewing, the daughter of Poseidon felt she had to be here in case anything happened.