{Chapter Two}

_____

_____

Will we ever learn/ We've been here before
It's just what we know"
- Sign of the Times (Harry Styles)

_____

A NEW FRIEND IS MADE

    PERCY'S DAY had been eventful to say the least, and the boy was more than excited to get back to his new cabin, despite the fact that he only had a few feet of space to call his own and two things that were actually his. Percy was worn out and needed some time to himself.

    However, he wasn't there long before the dinner bell was rung and Luke, the head of the Hermes cabin, was calling for cabin 11 to fall in line by seniority making Percy last in the rather long line. They all marched outside and towards the outdoor dining pavilion, and for the first time Percy saw exactly how many kids were at camp.

     It had to be at least 100.

    The Hermes cabin had the greatest amount of campers, because Hermes takes in all the unclaimed kids, which seemed to be at least one third of the campers. Apollo also had a shocking number of campers filing out of the sun cabin. Aphrodite and Athena tied for third place with almost 20 campers each. From there most of the other cabins only had a handful of kids. Anywhere between 5-12.

    Then Percy saw her again. The familiar girl he saw earlier, walking out of the Poseidon cabin with no one behind her. Proving his earlier suspicion that she lived alone. The only cabin to have one kid.

    It was in that moment, Percy realized how lonely she must be.

    His remorse only heightened as he realized that in the dining pavilion the campers were sat by cabins and the girl had to sit alone at her table while all the other cabins got to converse with their siblings, talking about their days, laughing, bonding. The girl sat in silence, eating her food and watching others. He wanted to go talk to her but he knew it wasnt allowed.

    "What are you looking at?" Luke asked, after explaining how the goblets worked. Clearly noticing the boys distraction.

    "That girl" Percy nodded to her, as Luke shifted his gaze to the girl that had Percy's attention. "Who is she?" Percy asked hoping if he got a name or something, he would know why she seemed familiar.

   "That's Arya." Luke said not realizing that Percy was hoping for more.

    Percy kept his eyes on Arya, slightly annoyed that a name wasn't helping his recognition. He watched as her hand reached up to her necklace and fiddled with the beads. Percy could tell it was similar to the one that all the other campers had, with one bead per year they had been at camp.