Chapter 21

Amaya

I never thought my powers were useful or could be used for anything useful. But clearly, Jasper thought I could. As we left the orphanage I couldn't stop thinking about a conversation I had with my royal siblings.

After leaving the woods behind the palace and walking in, I wanted to talk to them, just us. I walked to the hall where the room was and walked in right as they were about to leave.

"I want to talk to you," I said looking at them as they were talking to some workers. They dismissed them, leaving after they bowed.
"What is it that you want to talk about so urgently?" Brandon asked

"I know that I have a low chance of becoming luna of this pack and or Jasper's mate but I want peace. I want to know that I can leave and not hurt him. Is there a way to make the bond go away without rejecting each other?" I asked, I know the only way to make the mate bond go away was rejection and I've heard what it does to people and I don't want that to happen to us.
"There is a way to weaken it but not take it away," the princess said

"Then we do that. If I am not chosen then we weaken the bond and I go with you and Jasper won't feel a thing, right?"
"Not physical, only emotional," the prince added. I nodded and accepted that I would rather have him slowly get over it than stay dwindling on me.

"Amaya," Jasper said, snapping me out of my thoughts. I turned to him, seeing that he had a worried look in his eyes, I smiled to reassure him that I was fine.

We walked around the palace to the back where the outdoor practice ground and woods are, I could hear fighting and screams coming from afar.
Jasper started to run toward the sounds, I know he had a plan that included me but I didn't know how.

"Jasper, wait!" I yelled running up to him, I stopped in front of him and put my hands on his chest to calm him down. He was looking rampage, his eyes were looking over the screen that was behind me, but I needed him centered so the plan he made would go accordingly.

"Hey," I said trying to get his attention, he continued to look ahead, I grabbed his chin, lowering it so he saw me. Once he faced me and looked into my eyes I could see his eyes settle on me.

"You need to tell me the plan or else this won't work," I told him. He stopped and stood there just, looking at me.

"You've stopped rouges before, you just need to do it again," he said calmly.
"But I don't know how I did that," I said, dropping my hands from his face.
"Please, try this is the only way that could get rid of them quickly and with the least amount of casualty," he asked.

I took a deep breath, and nodded. This was the best way to help the pack and show them I have no other intentions.
He took my hand and ran to the woods. I was still deciding what I was expecting but what I saw was not it.

Bodies laid everywhere scattered, wolves and humans alike. I gasped at the scene, maybe I was the last hope to stop this. Jasper continued to pull my hand to the fight that was continuing, the pack soldiers were less than the rouges. Jasper let go of my hand and ran forward.

"FALLBACK!" he yelled to the soldiers and his family, his father turned and gave him a look of confusion Jasper nodded, measuring him he knew what he was doing.

"FALLBACK," his father told the soldiers who turned and quickly ran. Rouges started to slowly follow them.

"Okay," Jasper said, turning to me breathlessly.
"You have to try your hardest to activate your powers again, please?" he asked, I nodded and walked past him as the pack soldiers ran past me. I walked to the rogues as they lined up in front of me, I took a deep breath and stood there preparing myself, I pushed my hands out and willed my powers to come forward to put a barrier around us. I felt like the surge of power left me as if it was second nature to me. After just a few seconds of doing this, I felt too weak to continue. The rogues were still there stocking the barrier.