Chapter 19

Amaya 

The next morning when I woke up to my body feeling heavy, after last night my mind and body couldn't operate the way I needed them to. The last thing I wanted to do today was meet the pack but I had to push through it if I wanted them to like me. 

I climbed out of bed with the biggest headache, I sat on the edge of my bed with my eyes closed waiting for my head to stop spinning. As I sat there I could hear someone walk through the door of my room. I didn't want to open my eyes but their smell and aura were familiar. 

"Are you okay?" Amelia asked. I opened my eyes to see her standing at the foot of the bed.
"Yeah, just tired," I said slowly standing up.

"Well come on, we have a lot to do in a little time. And I have a surprise for you!" she said swaying side to side and smiling, curious by this.
"What is it?" I asked in the hope of getting a hint.

"Get ready and you'll see," she said, turning around and leaving. 
I walked to the closet to see if there was something that I could wear. None of these clothes had been mine, most were here before I was so I wore them.

Amelia went shopping and found some clothes that fit me. I entered the closet and pulled out a pair of jeans, looking at all of the tops that were there I chose a simple white long-sleeve shirt. I went to the bathroom and turned on the lights, as I looked in the mirror I could recognize the person looking at me. My hair was a mess, the bags that were under my eyes were heavy, and I felt so numb, after I was brought here I felt like I was falling off of a cliff. 

I showered and washed my hair, I walked back into the room and put on the clothes I had laid out. The shirt was shorter than I thought it would be. It felt like a crop top. As I was fixing the shirt on me there was a knock on the door. I opened the door and Amelia stood there as I was about to say something as a group of people walked into the room, I turned to look at Amelia to see the biggest smile. 

"This is your surprise? Random people in the space I live in?" I asked as she walked into the room.

"No. I know you've been out of it these past few days so I wanted to help you get ready today. I found the best hairstylist and makeup artist. We are going to get you glammed up!" Amelia said. 

**** 

It was as if Amelia had read my mind. I looked in the mirror and I was instantly in love. I told the makeup artist not to go too crazy with the makeup. He had given me a gold smokey eye with false lashes and simply nude lipstick.
Once I had finished with my makeup, the hairstylist started on my hair. She straightened my curls and added extensions that blend well into my hair. I turned to Amelia who had been on her phone during this whole process, she looked up and her mouth opened wide.  

"Oh, my goddess! You're hot!" she said coming closer to me, she fluffed my hair and looked me up and down.

"Thank you so much this is just what I needed," I said, going in for a hug which she gladly took.

"Come on, we are running late," she said, grabbing my hand as we ran out the door. I made sure to say thank you to the workers as they cleaned up. 

Once we got into the car the driver quickly drove us to the center of the town, I made sure to take in every detail I could about the scenery. The whole time I had been here I hadn't seen outside the palace, I watched as the trees went by and they started to turn into houses, the houses turned into townhouses and the townhouses turned into apartments.
Once we came to a stop the driver went down and walked to the door to open it.  
Amelia went out before me, when I got out I could feel all eyes on me. Some looked as if they were curious to know me and others looked as if they wanted to chase me with a pitchfork.

As I looked around it looked like a carnival, there were game stands that had prizes you could win, mary go rounds, carts with different types of food, and people dressed up as clowns making balloon animals for the kids. 

Out of the corner of my eyes, I could see Chole looking at me and whispering to some of the older-looking women. I brushed it off and walked around with Amelia.

"I'm going to introduce you to some of my favorite people in this pack," Amelia said as I followed where she went. We stopped in front of a lady who looked to be a few years older than Amelia and me. She had a caramel skin tone that went well with her big curls. 

"This is Karmen, she helps take care of kids with some of the ladies at the orphanage," she said introducing us. Karmen put out her hand and I took it into a handshake.

"Hello, finally nice to put a face to the name," she says in a cheeky tone.
"Nice to meet you too," I said smiling and taking my hand back.
  "Come on ladies, let's get those votes," Amelia said to Kamren and me by the elbow.  

Karmen introduced me to many different people that she works with and knows. At some point, I saw some kids kicking around a ball, and I joined in and helped the losing team. Some of the children dragged me along to different games and met some parents. As I was at a game with a kid and their parents I could sense Jasper, when I looked up I didn't see him. 

After some time I wanted to be alone and walk around, I got to see the town's foundation, and layout there were many alleyways and back pathways. As I was looking down an alleyway I felt someone grab me by my elbow and pulled me into an alleyway.

I was afraid of being taken, no one knew that I left they could easily take me. They put me against the wall, I put my hands on their chest. There was a bright flash that came from me then the person hit the building that was in front of me. 

"Damn Amaya, am I the only person you use your powers on?" Jasper asked in a sarcastic tone.
"I am so sorry," I said, helping him up. I stood close to him to see if he had any injuries, I scanned his face and felt around his body to see if he had a bruise or was bleeding. I looked up to see him staring at me. 

"What?" I asked, still looking at him.
"Those goddamn idiots." he said putting his hand on my face, "Their first mistake was letting me meet you," he said staring into my eyes.

"Jasper, what is wrong?" I asked again. Putting my hand on top of his
"My father lied to all of us. He's going to make Chole Luna even if you win the pack's votes.
"What? How do you know this?" I asked. He dropped his hand from my face and looked down at his hands.

"I don't know and I don't care," he said looking back at me. He looked down at my lips and pulled me into a kiss. I held my breath being caught by surprise. I could feel the need and want to come for him. It was as if he needed this kiss to live.  

He backed away and let us catch our breaths as we were breathing heavily. I felt the need to kiss him more. I pulled him by the back of his neck into another kiss, and this time he pulled the kiss deeper. He pushed us against the wall, not breaking the kiss. 

"They can't break a bond that has been set in stone," my wolf spirit said in my head