Chapter 27

Jasper

I knew it was coming, I tried to prepare myself but in that moment nothing mattered. The pain that was on her face and the emotions that radiated off of her was enough for me to know that the pain was more than she could handle.

I had to shift and move around people to try and catch up to her. I could feel both connections fighting inside of me, one longing to be with Amaya and the other wanting to stay loyal to Chloe. My heart and soul wanted Amaya but I knew I could never have her again.

I ran out of the door that she ran out of, not being able to see her. I followed her scent into the woods that were behind the building, I ran trying to catch up to her. I could see her leaning against a tree, her silk dress lit up with the yard lights that were scattered around on the ground. She had her eyes closed inhaling and exhaling deeply, she opened her eyes and turned to me.

"What are you doing here?" she asked out of breath. 

"I had to make sure you were okay,"

She pushed herself off of the tree and quickly placed her hand back on the tree to steady herself. I ran up to her and put my hands on her waist, she leaned into me letting herself fall into me.

"I'm going to miss this, being in your touch," she said as if she was drunk. I put my hand to her forehead to see if she had a fever, it was as if I was touching a hot stove.

"Amaya you're burning up," I said. She had let her full body weight fall on me causing me to almost drop her, I shook her to see she wasn't conscious.

"Amaya. AMAYA!" I yelled. I picked her up and carried her to the building, I could hear her breathing so I wasn't as worried as I would be. Multiple things could have caused her to faint, the pain she was in, her wolf wanting to become one without the right process, or, a hundred different reasons.

I opened the doors and rushed to a room away from the events happening. It was a lounge with long couches, a coffee table in the center, and a drink cart off to the side. I laid her down on the couch still making sure she was breathing.

"Jacob, I need you. Bring the prince and the princess to the room on the right of the entrance doors" I mind-linked Jacob.

"What's wrong?" he asked. 

"Just come," I said, shutting out the link. I turned back to Amaya seeing her breaths get slower made me worry more. I felt so useless, I couldn't help her in any form.

A few minutes later, Jacob had brought Brandon and Erica without anyone following them. Before I could walk over to them and explain what had happened, they pushed me out of the way and started to look at Amaya.

Erica dragged her hand over her and took a deep sigh. I wanted it to be a sign that she was okay but I couldn't tell. Brandon closed his eyes pinching the bridge of his nose and slowly turned to where I was standing watching them in front of Jacob.

"What happened?" He asked with his eyes still closed.

"I want to see how she was because I could sense her pain. She was dizzy and then she fainted in my arms. 

"Le lien essaie de se réparer. " Erica said looking up at her brother. I wanted so badly to understand them and know what was happening because clearly, they knew.

"What is happening?" I asked. Erica stood up from where she crouched down to Amaya and turned to us.

"It's her body trying to find you," Erica said with a sad look in her eyes. The mate bond hadn't been broken yet, why would it be searching for me?

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"When Chole became Luna, she took that role from Amaya. A role that she is meant to share with her mate. Her body is trying to make sure she hasn't been rejected" she explained.