Chapter 15

Amaya 

I would feel out of place and think I was going crazy or thinking too deeply. I don't have someone to lean on and say that to if I told my parents then they would feel that they did something wrong when it was just me or if I told my friends they would say 'i'm sorry I didn't want them to be sorry I wanted to feel like it was okay to have these feelings. 

Once I woke up the next morning all I could think about were the books I had read about the kingdom. How the king and queen were rulers of their kind and when they found out they were mates they combined the shifters and the witches so they could work together not against each other, those were my parents. My parents brought them together as they left me with people who weren't my birth parents. 

There was a knock on the door but just by the smell and aura coming from the person I knew who it was. I didn't say anything and he walked through the door.

I was swaddled up in my blanket. 
"Amaya?" he asked coming to stand in front of me with his hands in his pocket, after not answering he began speaking

"I brought you food," he said, turning to the door and signaling someone to come in. I looked at the bottom of my bed where the door was and I saw a worker come in and place a breakfast tray on my bed. 
After the worker left I fixed myself back in the position I was in and stared at Jasper waiting for him to say something. 

"I know the other day you didn't get the best of news but I won't let you stay in here all day again and not at least eat," he said walking closer to me. He pulled the blanket off of me and pulled me up by my hands. Sparks ran up my arm reawakening the feelings that hadn't been there for a day.

He sat me up and brought the tray onto my lap then sat on the foot of the bed. I looked down at the tray and it was full with a  small plate with toast, then a bigger plate in the center with pancakes, bacon, sausages, and eggs, and then in a glass bowl on the side had blueberries, strawberries, and blackberries. 

"I'm allergic to blackberries," I told him, handing him the bowl of berries. He took it and placed it on the bedside table.
"Sorry I didn't know," he said wiping his hands on his black pants

"Yeah it would seem we don't know a lot about each other," I said, referring back to the conversation we had at the doctor's office before we got interrupted. He lowered his head and looked at his hands knowing what I was talking about.

"If I open up to you, will you eat," he said looking defeated. I gave him a cheeky grin nodding my head and taking a bite of toast. 

"My father had fallen in love with his step-in mate, Marie before he met my mother," he said, looking at his hands not looking up.

"When he met my mother she was human until a rogue bit her and made her a newbreeder. He taught her about everything about this world. The mate bond was so strong he had to leave Marie to make a life with my mother. Then they had me but even though my mother loved him, she thought that my father wouldn't love us as much as he did his other family. And it was true my father didn't know who to love, so my mother decided for him. She told him to go raise his family and she would raise hers," he stopped for a moment and looked back at me, he lifted his eyebrow. I rolled my eyes and picked up a piece of bacon and took a bite and gave him a 'happy?' expression he nodded his head and continued. 

"I was crowned future alpha because I was born from the pack's true luna and alpha. But I wasn't raised like my sisters, I never wanted the title or the palace or anything I just wanted my parents. As I grew older my mother hated Marie and my father more and more and I could see why, my mother almost attacked Marie one day, and my father banned her from the palace. If she wasn't allowed to go then I wouldn't go unless he requested me. Then when I was twelve my father rejected my mother," he said, letting out a breath that he seemed to be holding. He turned to look at me and I was still holding the same piece of bacon that I bit before, I took another bite staring at him. 

"When shifters reject their mates they are breaking the bond between their wolf spirits that have been made.
My mother didn't take this so well, she went on a rampage because she knew it was because of Marie that my father had rejected her. She hunted Marie down to kill her and she killed whoever was in her way, she got to Marie and when she was on the verge of death my father got my mother off of her and banished her away. After that I went to live with my dad in the palace, I accepted my sisters but I never forgave my father and I never talked to Marie out of respect for my mother.
My mother would send letters but the last I heard from her was five years ago when she went to the human realm." 

After hearing this it would seem that history is trying to repeat itself, I don't want to reject Jasper nor do I want to be away from him. I can see why he doesn't care for them but he should still have a relationship with them. 

"You're afraid that history will repeat itself?" I asked, knowing the answer to the question.
"Aren't you!?" he asked, walking off of the bed and turning to face me.
"We won't let that happen. I'm a very likable person, I can win your people over," I said, putting the tray on the breakfast on the table and walking toward him.

"It's not that easy Choe was raised by these people, her parents helped build this pack with my father," he said putting his hands in his hair. 

I pulled him by the collar of his shirt into a kiss, I could feel that he was surprised but he relaxed into it. He put his hands on my waist pulling me into him, he licked my bottom lip begging to be let in, and I opened my mouth a little wider to allow his tongue to enter my mouth. The kiss became needy, I had to stop it before it was too hard to pull away. 

"Are you feeling better?" I asked trying to catch my breath
"Yeah, way better," he said, resting his head on mine.
"Hopefully that got something off your mind," I said, he lifted his head and looked down at me with his hands on either side of my face. 
"Get ready, I want to train with you," he said, backing away to the door. 

Once he left I went to the bathroom, after not taking care of my hair and leaving it in a ponytail it got tangled. I turned on the shower and washed my hair. I thought about the fact that Jasper's mom abandoned him even if it wasn't all of her fault. I wanted to help him see that history would not repeat itself.