Chapter 20

Jasper

I knew telling Amaya what my father did would cause more problems in the future, but it wasn't just my life that was being affected negatively. Amaya turned a few months ago and found out that she had powers and was royalty.

I walked with her to different games and had her try some of our pack's food, it hadn't been that different from the food they make in the human dimension. As we were talking, John and another senior member came up to Amaya and me.

"Ah, Jasper, I am so happy to see you having a good time." he said in a cheerful tone."
"Yes, me too," I said, trying to be professional. He looked over to Amaya who was standing next to me then back at me as if asking me to introduce him.

" Amaya, this is John. This is Amaya, my mate." I said. He squinted his eyes at me as if I had said something I shouldn't have. I knew that saying she was my mate would anger him but the moon goddess chose her to be with me.

"Ah, it is nice to finally meet you. You have slowly become a star of our pack" he said, kissing her hand.
"Yes very but that fame isn't always good" the senior member next to John said.

"What do-" a scream cut me off before I could finish my sentence. Everyone turned to a woman walking into the town, looking as if she had just fought a bear and lost. She had blood dripping down her body from head to toe, ripped clothes, she had three huge gashes in her abdomen.

I ran to her to see if she was about to fall. I caught her just as she was falling, I tried to shake her a little so she would stay awake.

"Rouges," she said as she fell unconscious. I looked around to see everyone had stopped to stare. I tried heightening my senses to see if I could feel anything, but there was so much talking and fear in the air that I couldn't tell.

"Jasper, what's going on?" I look behind me to see my father, Marie, and my sisters. I stood up and looked at my hands which were now covered in blood, I wiped them on my pants and got my thoughts together. Now was not the time to freak out over blood.

"She walked into town covered in blood. She only said rouges before fainting," I said, filling them in.

"Okay let's get everyone inside before-'' a loud growl coming from the woods surrounding the pack stopped my father in the middle of his sentence. The pack started to run and chaos broke out, people were being knocked over and stepped on as the crowd ran in different directions.

In the crowd, I could see a girl no older than thirteen get knocked on the floor. I ran to her and got her to her feet and out of the crowd. I asked her if she was okay, and she said yes before running home. I tried looking over the crowd to see if I could find Amaya, I saw her helping lead children into a safe place with other adults.

As I was going to help more people, a rogue came out of the woods and attacked a pack member. I ran over to him and grabbed the wolf on top of him. I grabbed it by its neck and held it in a headlock, it started to move against me roughly.

I waited until the body went limp, before shoving it off of me. I stood up and looked around, I didn't realize how many rouges had entered the pack. Multiple wolves had shifted to fight them off, it was easier to tell which ones were rogues and which ones were pack members. The rogues all had black fur, dirt, and leaves to help them blend into the woods.

"Jasper!" someone yelled. I turned around to see my sisters running to me.

"They got in from the palace, they attacked there first then came into town," Jessica told me. Amaya was attacked by wolves behind the palace when she first discovered her powers, then an idea came to me.

"Get the pack to lead them to the edge of the pack lines. I have an idea" I told them as I ran to where I saw Amaya run. If Amaya could fight off a few rouges then she could help fight them off.

I stopped to see that the front door of the children's daycare where they ran was broken in. I ran past the broken door and started to search the building. I opened one of the doors to find kids huddled up in a corner and a woman hiding them with her body. She looks up at me and lets out a sigh.

"Thank god, I thought you were a rogue," she said looking at me.

"Where is Amaya?" I asked. Before she could answer a loud growl came from the other end of the building followed by a child's scream, I ran towards the noise hoping to get there in time.

I turned the corner to see a rogue approaching Amaya who stood in front of a group of kids. I jumped on top of the wolf and held it by its neck. It threw me off of him and I hit the wall, I hit the wall so hard that I felt it hurt my lungs, and my vision started to blur as I tried to sit up.

I could hear Amaya fighting off the rogue and the rogue trying to fight her off. This back-and-forth went on for a few more minutes before I heard one last howl come from the rogue, the room went silent but it still hurt to open my eyes.

"Jasper? Jasper!" Amaya yelled, she was right in front of me with her hands on my neck and cheek.

"Yeah, just peachy," I joked. I slowly opened my eyes and saw her worried eyes and the blood on her clothes. I looked to the side and saw the kids that were behind Amaya hiding in a corner.

"We need to go," I said standing up, I stumbled back a little and Amaya reached out to help me find my balance.
"But what about the kids? I'm not leaving them" she said letting go of me.
"We'll-"

"Amaya?" Someone said running in, a lady who looked to be a few years older than us, she had a caramel skin tone with her big curls. She ran in and gave Amaya a big hug.

"Oh thank god you're okay?"
"Karmen, can you please take those kids to a safe place," she said, leaving a hug and pointing at the kids.

"Yeah of course" she said walking over to them. "But Amaya be careful, the rogues are everywhere it's like they're trying to take over the pack"

"What do you mean?" I asked taking a step closer.
"They've entered our borders," She said looking at me. I could feel the worry settling inside me.

"Come on Amaya, we have to go," I said, pulling her by her hand. If my plan was going to work we'd have to do it now.