Your new partner

Before light struck upon your window you finalised the last bits to put in your bag for travelling with Tobi. You even stayed up late to create a wide variety of snacks and food to take with you as well as collecting the necessities from Sasori's cupboard.

A knock was heard on your door. As you turned, you saw ..

You laughed rolling your eyes, "I wonder who it is" speaking sarcastically

"[Y/N]-chan it's Tobi! Your new partner!"

"Oh hey Tobi! I had no idea" you said turning back to your bag with a gleeful look on your face.

"Silly [Y/N]-chan, anyway..Tobi is ready! Are you?" He said tugging at the straps of his bag upon his back. Kakuzu lent you his map for this mission, he had plenty after all but he was curtious enough to point out the route he thought was easiest for you. Because of last time, he knew you could handle yourself well but the fact Tobi was your partner really made him doubt why Pain put you on a mission with him in the first place.

Regardless, you were excited. It's your second mission as a true official member of the Akatsuki bearing the cloak and ring and this time round you felt in control of this one. Re-emerging into the shinobi world you set course following the map towards the Land of Water.

Tobi skipped joyfully alongside you through the woods as you directed the way. You followed the sound of his voice whilst you kept peering back into the documentation regarding this missing-nin in hopes to be prepared to the fullest for your journey. "Look [Y/N]-chan! It's Deidara senpai and Sasori!"
"Hm?" you looked up in the sky to see Deidara's clay bird glide down in front of you two.

"Hm, Want a lift?

Tobi gasped with excitement and leapt onto the bird in an instant. You smiled and happily accepted. "Might as well seeing as we are headed the same way as you for most of your journey" Sasori said.

"I'll drop you off before we head into Lightning Country, Hm".

Thanking Deidara you continued to use this time to look over the map and work everything out, fortunately this trip would allow you to gain some time and use less energy. Soaring up within the sky allowed Deidara to direct his bird undetected and meeting your destination is a much quicker pace than anticipated, cutting though the land with ease rather than walking around obstacles. Yes it did take most of the day but it was better than the days you had expected to travel just to get there, without considering how much longer it'll take to get back as you would need to hand the body over to the collection office.

"Hey Deidara, drop us off here will you?"

"Hm? You sure? I can take you a bit further?"

"No this is good here thanks. I have an idea and it wouldn't take you off course either"

And so he did, drifting down to the ground on the shores of the Hidden Hot Water Village, both Tobi and yourself hopped off and bid farewell to Deidara and Sasori.